Zoom Maths Help

@CodeHelp
I’m wondering how you would make a zoom function. As HS doesn’t support 2 touches, *ahem* @Rodrigo *ahem*, I would do it with a scroll thing at the bottom, not with a pinch, but I don’t know how to do the maths. This project works with the moving where it doesn’t snap to your finger, but all the maths behind the zoom thingamajig is mostly guesswork. Does anyone have any experience with stuff like this? If so, thanks a bunch. :smile:

Edit: Guess what? I forgot the link:

11 Likes

Wait, so you are trying to zoom in and out using the scrolling motions?

4 Likes

No. With the thing at the bottom. The scrolling is just for moving the dots.

2 Likes

I also want to know how to do this.

2 Likes

@PeppyWafer21 can help

3 Likes

It would help me to know what you’re making so that I can advise you better on how to achieve your goal.

2 Likes

Absolute facpalm moment. Let me grab the link I meant to put in the post… :expressionless:

2 Likes

Oh I know how to do this! Want me to explain?

1 Like

Sure!

1 Like

I’ll post a link and then I’ll explain! It’s easy

1 Like

You want to do this, right?

Just tap the screen and move the finger up/down

3 Likes

Here’s something I made to demonstrate a pinch zoom mechanic a while back

5 Likes

No. I want a thing at the bottom to zoom, and drag to move the dots. I don’t think I explained what I wanted very well.

3 Likes

That’s really cool. Do you mind if I use that concept?

3 Likes

It’s basically the same concept then! You just make the slider represent the values you want to have

2 Likes

I saw this, and it’s really cool. I don’t want something that complicated though. I just want a thing at the bottom to zoom in and out.

2 Likes

Of course not! That’s why I made those small projects! :grinning:

Gotcha. I’ll wait to see if the community can help. If you still need help after a day or two, tag me.

3 Likes

Thanks! Can’t wait to try it!

I think I know how, do you know how much distance does the slider covers?

2 Likes

From 70 to Width-70.

2 Likes