Zero Frame Order [Open]

Here’s the code

Here’s the when played

Here’s why it happens:
The set variable and check if statement both take zero frames to occur. I wouldn’t consider this normal behavior, but they take place at the same time instead of in order.

This is not true for the set text however. The set text sets text after the variable is set; even though those occur on the same frame, they occur in order.

App Version(s) affected: 3.37.2
Player Version(s) affected: 1.2.0-1.2.1

DO NOT UPDATE EXISTING PROJECTS TO 1.2.0+

Existing projects will continue to work, but watch out for this :wink:

@Ana

How I discovered it: migrating a copy of a draft to 1.2.1, it backfired at first because of this but will work fine once it’s sorted out. Clone ID.

Why this should be fixed quickly: new and returning users may try to make a game, and one part of the game has a variable to determine the image to set the character to. If they put it right before the if statements (which is naturally what would happen), their set image would act as if the variable was never set.

14 Likes

That is weird.
Thanks for the heads up!

Is it ok to update the app still tho?

6 Likes

Yes. Your existing drafts will still use the old player

7 Likes

I think this is a bug with the new editor. At my calculations, according to your code, this shouldn’t have happened.

5 Likes

No need to repeat what I said. It says only the newest player version is affected.

6 Likes

Man that’s disorientating

3 Likes

I also got a strange little bug with the beta editor where I can´t press the “Done” button. Let me see if I can replicate it.

3 Likes

That’s because your project didn’t load in yet. That’s normal behavior

2 Likes

Really? Let me double-check…

3 Likes

Hello? (This bug is still not patched)

2 Likes

Good find. By way of explanation, for versions 1.2.0 and above, we made the set variable block occur instantly so that you could perform complex calculations without slowing down the frame rate. That works as intended. However, you’re right, within the frame Hopscotch should respect the order of your blocks.

7 Likes

Yup, that’s right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This bug is fixed now.

2 Likes

@thinbuffalo here

4 Likes

So is this bug still happening somehow? It seems we have a small disagreement

There might have been an issue with a different zero-frame glitch, ThinBuffalo what is your case?

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s necessary @Awesome_E. I’ll post my findings in a few minutes…

3 Likes