Z Axis In Hopscotch

I have got a lot of questions of why the Z Axis isn’t on HS, now I decided to bring it up.

As many of you guys know, COAN makes extraordinarily 3D rendering as ThinBuffaloSr did too.

So this question is:
Would a Z Axis based block work, with only 3D characters?

That’s what I was thinking, it’d be helpful to make the project realistic

4 Likes

Hmm I think this might be hard

1 Like

My point exactly

1 Like

What’s Z axis? Do you mean Z index?

No I do not

1 Like

oh i see, like a block like set pos x, y AND z? Thats what ur suggesting?

z index is actually exactly what this is.
hs works in the xy plane when you see it, which is the xyz plane just from a top view. so when you see layers, that’s essentially setting the z position, you just dont see it in a 3d manner because its a top-down view and the “depth” of how far up/down objects are (aka z index) just isn’t perceptible because of the angle

3 Likes

Yeah so I’m confused because the Z Index block works exactly the same. It’s just a separate block from set X and Y position

2 Likes

I’m not talking about Z index, along with X and Y position there’s also Z Position

1 Like

Yes Z Index is how you change the Z axis. Both are the same thing

2 Likes

No, I’m talking about something else
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+the+Z+Axis&rlz=1C9BKJA_enCA918CA919&oq=what+is+the+Z+Axis&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3j69i60l2.3470j1j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

1 Like

I know what Z axis is but it’s literally the same thing but labeled differently

3 Likes

Hmm, I see what you mean:

X = Width
Y = Height
Z = Depth

But I still don’t see how it’s the same as Z Index

1 Like

Ah, The z - index property can be specified with an integer value (positive, zero, or negative), which represents the position of the element along the z - axis . If you are not familiar with the z - axis , imagine the page as a stack of layers, each one having a number. /cp

1 Like

from that definition, the z axis is already in hopscotch lol because to set the z index there must be a z axis

2 Likes

for a Z axis to exist, hopscotch would need to add a lot of values, first you’d need Camera(XYZ) and Camera(Roll, Pitch, Yaw) as well as the characters(XYZ) and (Roll, Pitch, Yaw), and scale factor for the character (I’m trying to think of more but I can’t)

and the Z index can be solved using those values without having to implement a new block, but i guess they could add a shortcut? It would take a lot of work for a thing many people probably wouldn’t use, but it would be cool i guess

2 Likes

you’re trying to ask if you can add depth to a 2 dimensional plane. Depth in a two dimensional plane is quite literally just resizing things so that you trick people into thinking they’re farther away aka perspective. The Z index block works similar to a Z axis block except it doesn’t resize things i guess

2 Likes

Yep but those other blocks would also be helpful in other cases

1 Like

i literally explained it. just read every post please. theyre all created to help you and actually reading them will do that and save everyone more confusion and quickly answer questions

3 Likes

you can create them yourself and input values because they are just object variables, they don’t need to be created as a seprate block it’s just that it’s a lot of setup

1 Like