You're invited to beta test undo/redo!

Thanks for clarifying. This is helpful for anyone else who’s interested.

11 Likes

No problem, looks like I won’t be testing sadly

Thanks in a nice way

4 Likes

Maybe you should edit this into the original post

TestFlight only works with Apple IDs that are 13+ (age)

3 Likes

By the way, I’m not almost 50 lol, I share an account with my mother

6 Likes

can i join but not immediately? i’m afraid this breaks one of my top projects
will be able to join after the 16th tho

5 Likes

Even though I still filled out the form, can someone answer my question? I don’t want to lose anything

4 Likes

Wait what this is breaking projects? Is there a way to opt-out because I’m working on some really important stuff right now.

3 Likes

It hasn’t broken projects. Yet, maybe. But in the app, a notice:

‘if you already have the full version of the app you’re downloading the beta app for, data loss may occur.’

6 Likes

Oh ok. Should I wait then so I don’t lose data?

3 Likes

Well it shouldn’t lose the project you are coding - unless we have bugs.

If you’re coding a project, and you’re not coding that specific project when you’re beta-testing, then the app would not update the project, so technically those projects should not be affected. In other words, you can try to code a new project while testing out the feature. Just make sure the important projects you have were saved/duplicated beforehand.

9 Likes

How many people will be accepted for beta testing? Also what’s your criteria for who’s accepted?

4 Likes

There’s no limit - it’s for anyone who’s able to help out with beta testing

8 Likes

So everyone that joins?

3 Likes

Yes anyone who signs up. But if you don’t sign up, you can expect a release fairly soon too

7 Likes

Wow interesting thank you!

3 Likes

You can sign up and choose when to download the beta-test version. If you go into the setting for Testflight, you can turn off “automatic updates” once you get the invitation, and then you can test whenever you’re ready.

9 Likes

One more question- will the beta app replace the regular hopscotch until the beta is done?

4 Likes

ah ok, then ill sign up for it - thanks!

4 Likes

Yes. You can also delete Testflight and the beta app and then re-download the app from the App Store I believe.

9 Likes

I think I’ll be able to try it out though I might have to quit if I have irl issues just so you know. Also is there like a beta hopscotch I gotta download other that TestFlight?

3 Likes