How it works is amazing

Convert char to ASCII
Convert to Binary
Split into 6 digit long groups
Convert each group to Decimal
Convert to BASE64 based on a chart: [A-Za-z0-9+/]

@Awesome_E i think you may like this.

3 Likes

I can’t believe that hopscotch has had only like 25 features implemented over the last 8 years… I mean I’m working on a game in unity and I add multiple features every day… and I only work on my games for like 3 hours a day

4 Likes

A game and a coding platform are different things

4 Likes

yep, a game can be in a coding platform, but a coding platform cannot be in a game. Tho someone who codes games but who also code coding platform can code a coding platform in a game, so they can eventually code a game in a coding platform in a game.

5 Likes

I just found out the hard way that trying to save a value of \ (backwards slash) to a variable will automatically reshow the prompt (as if an error occurred) and will crash the project if trying to input the same character. I’m not sure if that was intentional, or if that’s just how JS works.

So the encoder I made will work for all characters except \

5 Likes

… It takes a higher education to become a game developer then a normal programmer
According to the What is the SDS? | Self-Directed Search
Which I took at school
Game dev is education of 5 and programmer is education of 4

3 Likes

This has been updated. Now long words will no longer cut off, and you will now see a preview of what’s happening… sort of…

2 Likes

@Impasta
You should probably fix this

Nvm the video doesn’t work but you can use codes to get as much money as you want.

4 Likes

Here is a working beta.

@anon68560021
@CB_Studios
@cool12317282728
@GOATGAMES
@Heracc
@Noland
@Spy_Guy_96
@TB23

3 Likes

Save codes are a bit hard to make, and they take too long to decode if encrypted.

Take 796387055 for example. That only takes a few seconds to encode to BASE64 in my project, but it’s still a few seconds too many.

And, btw, 796387055 (Decimal) encodes to Nzk2Mzg3MDU1 (Base64 encoded).

3 Likes

Sic (confused)
Could you give me a brief tutorial on how save codes or strings in Hopscotch work? Because I’ve seen a lot of cool stuff made with them.

3 Likes

I’m not actually sure how to make a working save code. I have advanced mode so I just make use of user variables. A lot of save codes I’ve seen in projects are just letters in random order (like in 15 puzzle, as in ABCDEFGHI… would still make the puzzle scrambled).

3 Likes

Ok, so is it like random, and let’s say if the number is 1, the square will be grass?

3 Likes

Oh yeah

If you can find out how my save codes work, they are pretty easy to break.

3 Likes

If someone breaks it, then props to them!

3 Likes

Nope, it’s a 16 Character Code that a and 0 can be values in each letter, 0 being nothing and a being a block.

3 Likes

Ok.

For the blocks are they like clones or separate objects?

2 Likes

They are clones. This will prevent ‘square 999’

3 Likes

Hey Hops!

You May have wondered- is there a forth platform on hopscotch? Im working on it! Hypersphere is coming soon!

4 Likes