You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

Is there a way to upload an image to the modded hopscotch web editor (made by Æ)
@Gynn @Awesome_E

7 Likes

No because it can’t access Hopscotch’s AWS buckets (the file storage for project images)

4 Likes

Woops, I mean and turn it into a pixel art. Woops

3 Likes

Also no, and that’s because I kept my code private. At that time, that’s when the discussion for curation and automation was taking place, and automated projects like those created by the pixel art thing were a pretty heavy focus of the discussion, I never shared that publicly.

6 Likes

Does anyone know how to record when we’re you last at the game.
Like when I join the game and and when I join tomorrow, it says that I last joined yesterday.
@CodeHelp

12 Likes

save “time” into a user variable

4 Likes

Alright hopscotch started going crazy by adding 125 times of 25 notes playing at once and the amount of notes stayed at 700.
Is that officially crazy?
Look at this instead

3 Likes

Set user variable to current times and when they leave it will show
(advanced mode)

4 Likes

Ok thanks

3 Likes

that’s crazy, but i meant when the notes start officially drifting

like when its supposed to wait one second and waits zero

5 Likes

Desynchronization happens because Hopscotch cannot play multiple notes at the same time, and the gap between notes can get much larger with time, causing the tune to become sour.

5 Likes

so even only two notes can still cause gaps?

4 Likes

yes, if hopscotch has a fps spike

2 Likes

It can if you’re using the normal play sound method.

If you use a more advanced method to try and get rid of desync, it should be able to play up to 3 notes at once,

2 Likes

welp thats annoying - ty for the info tho

4 Likes

I have advanced mode. Want me to make you a template for this?

2 Likes

@Awesome_E I did some testing, and there’s seem to be no difference between using when pressed and when 7 = 7 rules. Both ran 60 times per second at max.

1 Like

It’s possible that it was changed

3 Likes

I just found it’s not the press rule that runs at 30 FPS, it’s the draw a trail block that runs at 30 FPS.

Can be fixed by adding a repeat until release custom method, which makes the block run full speed. (But only if there is no movement)…

3 Likes

@SwimGirlStudios I made a simple swipe check with look ahead [1]

Disclaimers

• Only supports swiping in up direction so far (for testing)
  • Is very buggy, and some things will not work as intended
  • It’s just a test project, and most likely won’t be updated from its current version.

Did you know? In Candy Crush, the candy you swipe is brought in front of the other, and when a match is not found, that same candy then gets sent behind (kind of like a shuffle). And it takes 18 frames for all of this to happen (9 for the swipe, and 9 more for canceling that swipe).

1. it checks for a match while the shapes are moving so it can immediately take effect once the swipe is complete. If there is no match, the swipe is canceled ↩︎

3 Likes