You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

Curly brackets will work, but [ ] are used to do matches such as a-z, since square brackets are a character class.

[] forms an unchecked checkbox in your post, which can be interacted with until you can’t edit your post anymore.

[x] will form

1 Like

Wait I can actually tap and it turns into a checkbox lol, never knew that.

Also thanks for letting me know. I really should learn regex one day, sounds very useful from what I’ve heard…

Just note that some regex functions will not work in Hopscotch, such as certain group constructs like (true)?(?(1)yes|no) which will do nothing if you try it.

1 Like

There’s an issue with hopscotch where games are SO COOL and SO AMAZING that hopscotch can’t even imagine the images /j

This is a bug with HS where if your project has a lot of images; HS can’t load them all. Try restarting the app! This happened with my game: Farming Simulator 2 aswell :(((

3 Likes

This bug is currently being addressed…

It doesn’t seem to be a problem on my M1 iPad Pro, however…

3 Likes

:+1:

Makes me want one even more, I’ve been saving up for 3 years for one and I will be able to afford it by Christmas!!!

3 Likes

I noticed this just now when making a level and placing an enemy at x=0 and x=10.

I also noticed that the vertical collisions are disabled for the dirt block, which would cause everyone who makes levels to wonder why they can’t walk on dirt tiles, and they might think it’s a bug.

1 Like

Is anyone else having an insane amount of errors while trying to code? I keep on having to leave and re-enter the editor because HS can’t handle a minute of coding

Edit: It took around 1 minute and 30 seconds for an error to occur after loading in. What!?!?!?!?

2 Likes

I kinda have this

When I code for ~30 minutes to 1 hour, I may get a white screen and have to re enter the project. Though this usually this only happens with big projects.

2 Likes

Divide your answer by 60 and you are in my situation! (If you code for 1hr 30mins bc i read it wrong)

2 Likes

o.O you gotta learn that

ok i think regex will be in my osc to-do list

4 Likes

@Awesome_E (or any really good coder) I AM BACK thunder smoke do you remember me?
Any way have you heard “Sort the court” no you haven’t. Anyway it’s a really cool game and I bet you can’t remake it or at least the basics.
Go play, it’s fun :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
dramatic exit:)

1 Like

and thats why i should never forget regex again- it’s hard to remember if you dont use regex

2 Likes

can this be linked??

2 Likes

Not sure this is allowed but

You ruined my dramatic exit:(
/lh /j

1 Like

Ok not sure if it (the website)is allowed but

just dramatically exit again but with even more dramatic exit things

1 Like

DRAMATIC EXIT smoke molecules leaving everyone looking at me super cool;)

I use regex a lot, and it’s hard for me to forget how to use it…

@Tri-Angle here is a definition of Regular Expressions if you want it:

Regular expressions are patterns used to match character combinations in strings.” ~ Google

1 Like

But that is because you use it a lot

I have that bug

2 Likes