You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

Z index sets the depth of an object,
The higher it is, the more front or forward it is
The lower it is, the more back it is

You can also press on the z index in the menu. And it tells you what it is

5 Likes

Z-Index are layers. Objects with higher indexes will be visibly in front of objects with lower indexes. Range from 1 to 99,999

Warning: using high indexes creates extra layers, which will lag out your project.

4 Likes

small note to stay below 25 - more a project has high z-index, more hopscotch will lag :))

hope this helps!

2 Likes

I regularly go over 100 – which is perfectly fine. My rule of thumb though is to keep the project organized so that you know what each Z index number means in the project

you just don’t want to go to anything in the millions or something crazy that you’ll never use

3 Likes

maybe because my ipad is 3 years old, and i easily use clones (instead of a ton of objects), which makes my projects more easier to lag

:joy:

3 Likes

yeah, but a couple hundred still shouldn’t lag it.

The reason I use more is so I can organize different elements into different groups in multiples of 5, 10, or even 25. Like for example, I usually have persistent UI at a multiple of 25 (could be 25, 50, or 100), base elements in the 1-10 range, and go from there.

Like in EHSHQ I think, the Z index is something like 50 for the hotbar, and 100 for the black screen between rooms. It gives me a consistent reference point and allows for plenty of room so I never have to think about overlaps while knowing exactly where I’d need an object to go

5 Likes

I like to watch the world burn

1 Like

@Pollpeople

Should I make ultra pro Editor
  • YES
  • NEVER NO NUH UH

0 voters

5 Likes

indeed it has. how you been ref :)

3 Likes

bruh stop if youre joking /lu

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

Please change it back

2 Likes

i second this haha
what would it be? /con?
or simply /?

2 Likes

Maybe
/???????????

/sj

1 Like

/cnf

2 Likes

Thank you for your “healthy” skepticism

2 Likes

@RoadOcean @Crosbyman64 @Tri-Angle thanks all for the info!! It’s much appreciated :) glad to see it’s far less complicated than I worried haha. I’ve tried it in my project and it solved the problem I had, so thanks again

6 Likes

Don’t act like I’m not already making a project but what should I name this thing that’s going to be similar to little alchemy (yes I know there’s a couple already but I really want to give it a go)

It’s in a pixel art style btw
@ShiningStars

• Chemical Conjuror
  • Pixel Lab
  • Pixelement

0 voters

5 Likes

good as i can be i suppose
too many hobbies to count and way too deep into AP stuff lol, a little stressful if u think about it too hard. done with high school soon enough tho

how have you been neo?

2 Likes

Ugh I have to make a separate object for each element because the “self touching” block is weird with clones

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

I’m finally back, woke up to some sad news (most people know)

Feel free to tag me if I missed anything significant, already noticed new pronoun field and title!

Thanks,
Liquid :crown:

6 Likes