You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

To make it easier, group the objects by type (buttons, backgrounds, menus, decor, etc.)

Yes, you would need to rely on code to position your objects, but your code will be a little more organized.

Or, if you’re feeling for a challenge, make it all on one single object (with a bunch of custom rules to make it easy to debug).

5 Likes

whoops, didn’t see your reply.

What stage size did you want it to be changed to?

7 Likes

1366 X 1024 please

3 Likes

here you go!
Note: original link has been removed

I’ll remove once you like this post

5 Likes

Thanks soooooo much!!!

It worked!!

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/12m75uk4h3

3 Likes

Glad I could help!

Quick question – do you have a computer? You might want to keep an eye out for the browser extension I’m developing, because that will let you mod projects from within the web editor!

4 Likes

I have a computer, that would be awesome!!

3 Likes

So can someone help because there’s so many clones that it’s super laggy and the screen isn’t half way full… should I make the tiles bigger or what should I do :sob:

4 Likes

you could make the tiles bigger, I suppose.

What’s the current size, and how many clones do you have?

5 Likes

Around 176 clones is where tiles start to lag and frame rates like 5 fps (idk i made that number up) and the width and height is 80 width and 76 height

4 Likes

can you link the project? 176 shouldnt be doing that

5 Likes

It’s in the filter but here it is I think there less clones it this one but I will update it with more
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/12m75uk4h3

Edit: Just updated it @Nobody

4 Likes

whats the purpose of having like 3 separate 7=7 rules? none of them are really necessary and can be put into the “when object is cloned” rule (i did that and it ran a lot smoother, although the tile generation got messed up)

7=7 runs every frame for every clone of that object, so that can slow things down a lot
meanwhile when object is cloned is only run once

4 Likes

Ohhh I didn’t know that, although I’m not going to make it smoother if it breaks the game so maybe I’ll put them all in a 7=7 block

3 Likes

thanks for sharing your thoughts – ill bring it up

5 Likes

you could always fix the new bug
if you want i can show you a much quicker way of generating a grid

4 Likes

I fixed it, you see the grid system goes off of the current object height and width so causing a delay in setting the width and height ruins it so I put that in a 7=7 block and the rest in a object clones block. Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

Oh. I am not sure who to ask this but what sort of complexity do they mean? I’m not quite sure that’s really a good measure to use.

5 Likes

And I consider myself to be a pretty fast bug tracker.

4 Likes

You’d want to ask the curators about what they mean, I think it’s a pretty bad judgement to. I think that it should add bonus points for being complex but not lower the total score. Like it’s out of 50 and you can get an extra 10 points for complexity

^^^
@FearlessPhoenix do you mind bringing this up too (the break thing in your bio isn’t there anymore but if you don’t want to get tagged tell me and sorry in advance)

3 Likes