You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

Easy.

1. Go into Bird Eye View (tap the little eye with the lines)
  2. Select the object and choose copy
  3. Go into the scene of choice
  4. Go into Bird Eye View again
  5. Choose a blank spot and choose paste. Not only will the object be duplicated, but the code inside it will be there too
  6. If you no longer need to other object, you can delete it from the scene.

Note: in the New Editor, tapping play from inside a scene will play from that scene. To play from the beginning, tap play from the Scene Selection Menu.

2 Likes

poke. poof

9 Likes

Hey, CoCo, it’s been a while. How’s it been?

6 Likes

its been okay. I think Im finally admitting ive retired coding lol. Just popped by to see how things are.

7 Likes

lol i opened the forum and i had 99 notifs and i was worried people were spamliking hahaha

3 Likes

I’m still coding on the app. Eventually, I’ll also retire, just not at this time (even though I’m over 21½ years old).

I’m hoping to extend my knowledge and become a full on Game Developer or Software Engineer (I know becoming a Software Engineer will be hard. Just ask t1_hopscotch, who is a Junior Software Engineer at Hopscotch. In fact, becoming anything related to programming will be hard, as you need to know a lot of math, especially trigonometry and algebra (which I know a lot of)).

At my current knowledge, I know enough of JavaScript to be able to follow video tutorials to make something cool. At the basic level, I did a combination of teaching myself and following a short video that would guarantee I would be able to learn JavaScript in only 14 minutes.

The lists thing I learned, I taught myself that… somewhat. For the things I didn’t quite understand, I looked it up in the internet.

2 Likes

Ok that’s a lot but I can try

2 Likes

If you need to copy a scene, you could also press and hold on a scene, and then tap Duplicate.

It will have all the objects and code from the previous scene, and you could delete the objects you don’t need.

I think it would be helpful, though, if Hopscotch did have an easier way to move objects between scenes.

2 Likes

I agree.

There should definitely be extra options when long pressing an object to “Move to Scene…” and “Duplicate to Scene…” (the difference between the two is one will copy the object and its code to another scene while the other will just move it). Tapping either could open up a menu where you can choose which scene the object would be moved or duplicated to.

I think there should also be an alert prior to moving / duplicating since sometimes the code could contain object variables that are referenced in the current scene, and moving it could lead to the code all of a sudden not working due to reference losses. Luckily, we have undo, so it’s not that big of a deal.

3 Likes

Hey, its been a while, how’s life treating you?

4 Likes

Now it’s not letting me enter my game in the competition idk why

1 Like

Wha?!

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that happens when there’s no internet/very weak internet

2 Likes

Correct! :]

6 Likes

Are you talking about my thing or are you talking about the other person

4 Likes

Other person :]