You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

The original project before that was to achieve a different task, and I modified it to make a new project which is why some of the code looks more complicated than needed. I will look into that, thanks!

2 Likes

Ok just updated it and it works 50% of the time but sometimes it goes all over the place ://

Edit: Should be fixed now!

2 Likes

Same, I also really want the seed block!

4 Likes

Hi. Just as a reminder, you can ask a moderator (Awesome_E, Pumpkin, t1_Hopscotch, Yuanyuan, etc) in the Leader Q & A topic how close you are to becoming regular. Looks to me like you’re really close. Good luck.

3 Likes

We have bug fixes for both of these coming

It would definitely be helpful to have some more details for this.

There is a bug report topic here which you could reply to:

I have some questions to investigate further (you could answer here, and I can move it, or you can answer in the bug report)

• are you in the new editor or the classic editor? Is this happening when you press Play from a scene that is not the first scene?
  • was the project created before 3.57.0?
  • do you have a project link where this is happening?
3 Likes

@Crosbyman64 I made two initial reports for some bugs you’ve brought up

I appreciate you bringing up the information, but realistically it’s much harder to get back to bugs brought up in posts here.

• the bookmark system in Discourse is not very good for these — it’s more appropriate for short term reminders
  • It’s much easier to link a single bug report topic with the relevant info, for another team member to look at

So it greatly decreases the chance that a bug can be looked at sooner.

I created those two topics, if you want to add more information to the first one at least.

I will not create topics for these anymore in future. We generally prioritise investigating bugs that have a bug report topic.

If you have suggestions for how to make it easier to create bug report topics, we would be happy to hear them here: Making it easier to create bug reports

Edit: for the second bug, I saw there is a topic already created here, so I will delete the extra one I made Blank text object causes whitespace in variable name

4 Likes

-new, yes

-yes

-I will edit history it as it’s a secret project

Edit: the forum is glitched it won’t let me put it in edit history I will do it later

4 Likes

Thanks a lot — I realise this is a separate issue to the project going blank when changing scenes. Do you think you can make a new bug report topic for it?

Main points:

• Instant womp error when playing from non-first scene
  • happens for a project that was created before 3.57.0
6 Likes

I will tomorrow!

4 Likes
Hello
What is everyone coding?
4 Likes

Nice text formatting.

Nothing at the moment, btw…

6 Likes

how about adding spaces between texts?

and even center it?

because you usually cannot add space and center at the same time...

6 Likes

how do you center it?

7 Likes
i dont know? :P
7 Likes
That is so cool! It's just a shame the cool forum tricks topic is closed.

I have designed a new trampoline tile, which I think looks really cool. I wonder how many tiles I can design before the blurry image bug is fixed. :thinking:

5 Likes

You mean the mega chompers? Wonder what it looks like!

3 Likes

i think you can use the forum features testing topic

4 Likes

When I exit a project, it infinitely loads? Also all images are a grey H not just some? I got a new device so maybe that’s why but I want to know if anyone knows how to stop this because I really want to code on this device…
Edit:
Ok so I think if you publish and unpublished the project it loads

2 Likes

Oh right. Forgot about that…

3 Likes

This is the replacement for that topic:

6 Likes