You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

Omg its the legendary Rod hiiii im ur biggest fan I love all your hs projects :heart:

9 Likes

Welcome back @_Cheezy!!!

5 Likes

Welcome back!

(:

@_Cheezy

4 Likes

@Pickel you probably smell like ham (this is a compliment.)

3 Likes

Beta 12a

• Added thumbnail
  • Added pause menu
    • moved “edit level” option to pause menu
  • fixed ordering of Editor options

You can now exit the level without restarting the project every time.

@Spy_Guy_96 @Tri-Angle @Awesome_E

4 Likes

You did not provide evidence to neither confirm nor deny your claim. Of course, I am confident that this is because you wrote only a medium-sized announcement. If you had written a large announcement, perhaps you would have expounded upon the quoted point.

Oh my fish gosh, it’s the almighty Petrichor!!! He’s greater than even Benjamin Franklin!!! I have missed your presence and dominance, dear sir

6 Likes

her pronouns are she/her :))

4 Likes

?1

5 Likes

Beta 12b

• Even more things are now paused while the game is paused
    • This includes dynamics collisions and enemies fading out before despawning
  • You can now press the pause button on your controller to pause and resume the game.
    • Start button on DualShock4, Menu button on XBOX, and [+] button on Nintendo Switch.
    • Modded player only feature
    • Note: it’s paused / resumed on button release.

Future Beta Version

• I will also add a confirmation alert saying all progress (since last saving) would be lost if you quit to menu or restart the level.

Known issues

• Push button is missing (only shows as slam button on modded player after jumping once)
  • Editor screen sometimes not normal while new user tips are showing…
3 Likes

For some reason planting a sunflower upon starting causes this to happen lol (it’s supposed to only spawn one)

4 Likes
  • Fixed both known issues from the previous version.

@Spy_Guy_96 @Tri-Angle

3 Likes

It’s weekend!
(Or almost weekend)

What’s everyone coding?

5 Likes

You could consider Friday to be part of the weekend.

3 Likes

Nothing at the moment, but I did finish coding this up

3 Likes

great job with your pvz game
but

i believe i have located a bug

if i’m guessing right, the lawnmowers can take out zombies with collision code
whereas the code that makes the lawnmowers go forward is based on x position of zombies

which is fine in every case except the crocodiles

their sprites are w i d e, so they collide with the lawnmowers before reaching the x value

which kills only them, and does not use up the lawnmower, since the crocodile dying means they never reach the x value that sets it off

very good job on the game, i’m impressed

4 Likes

Nope, I just used a basic When Bumped event (I was being lazy but it works)

IIRC in PvZ the lawnmower heads through the entire row and doesn’t die until reaching the end

Edit: also thx

3 Likes

Could someone change the project size to 1024x934 in this project with this url: 12qyy3mmdq
It isn’t working for me now as I reset my iPad

2 Likes

I can’t change the size due to a huge iOS 16 shortcut bug where it can’t save any files if it doesn’t exist in the first place (which is weird because it has a toggle saying "overwrite if exists*).

Saving it manually also doesn’t do anything.

@Awesome_E Letting you know about this. I hope Apple fixes this issue.

3 Likes

oh sorry yeah that’s what i meant

which is why this bug exists

4 Likes

https://files.catbox.moe/fip5pv.hopscotch
save that to the hopscotch projects section
remember to overwrite your old file with the new one, or you wont see the changes. if you saved the new version and then deleted the old one, remember to remove the “2” at the end of the new version (because two files cannot have the same name so Apple automatically adds “2”, then “3”, then “4”, etc. at the end of the file name)

i dont see what you are talking about

4 Likes