You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

Apparently it’s also explosion proof, lol (by that I mean a chain reaction).

3 Likes

actually i am scared if it is isn’t that a copyright problem?

3 Likes

More like internally impact resistant, since it kinda just gets destroyed in exolosions

1 Like

Yep. It’s a well known fact that TNT is extremely sensitive only to brooms.

5 Likes

seams you forgot to mention that it is solely sensitive to Brown-Racoon Hair styled brooms

2 Likes

yes but it’s unnecessary (in my opinion) and requires a lot more fps to do that, and some people already have critical fps. so i decided to not count that

im sorry but in which scene is the bug? i cant find any button not working :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, FPS went to 1-5 on low power mode, FPS went 3-10 on now low power mode, is this bad

2 Likes

awesome!

i got 8192-

3 Likes

No, the FPS being lower during Low Power Mode is completely normal, since higher FPS requires more power, while the opposite requires less.

3 Likes

green got 16,000+ but then blue started firing at it with only like 200 but it got eliminated lol

i like to just watch the little cannons and root for my favorite lollll i dont even play-

2 Likes

I got 2097152 for blue on my first game lol.

6 Likes

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/12r24291sy

Beta 06b is out (it’ll be a while before it’s approved)

• Added a new hazard: spikes
    • Added the HAZARDS group next to ENEMIES and MISC
    • Squaeyron can clear two spikes while jumping, and Starlynn can clear 3 spikes while double jumping (9 when dashing afterwards).

The spike collisions are under collision type 3 in my game.

• Fixed an issue where Squaeyron would unintentionally jump down from the crate while the push button was held.

@Spy_Guy_96 @Tri-Angle

2 Likes

Squaeyron vs Starlynn:

Squaeyron can defeat large enemies and push crates from a wall, but is unable to jump across large gaps or push crates over spikes without getting hurt.

Starlynn can bump crates a set distance (or onto spikes to make a path for Squaeyron), but only from the outside of the crate, and they can clear larger gaps, but they cannot defeat large enemies like Mega Chomper.

Speaking of, I never made it so Starlynn’s dash ability defeats the smaller enemies like Chomper.

And if I add “Tampered Glass” to my game, only the Ground Slam and Dash abilities can destroy them.

2 Likes

horion hack client with 4d skins: am I a joke to you

1 Like

@Spy_Guy_96 I need your opinion.

Should I add Tempered Glass as an entity for easy implementation (can’t stop enemies though)…

or as a tile object so enemies are also able to collide with it? (I could even use the same code I used for the doors to make them inactive when broken. It’s actually easy, imo).

For those who don’t know, Tempered Glass is glass that was modified in a way that when a section is broken, the entire glass is broken. It’s also tougher than typical glass, but it can still shatter due to impact (impacts like Ground Slam, for example).

This also gives both players another use, as Squaeyron can only break tempered glass from above, whereas Starlynn can only break it from the sides.

3 Likes

I just made some changes to Starlynn. They can now only dash while in the air, and they can now defeat Chompers using their dash attack. I also changed their dash behavior quite a bit.

Effective in Beta 07a

I will also soon make it so Starlynn can use their dash attack to break Tempered Glass.

3 Likes

You could have it as an entity and allow enemies to interact with it!

You can change the level data on the spot, similar to how blue platforms change the level data (well only if the glass stays in place that is…)

Thats how I implemented glass in my game.

3 Likes

trying to make decisions is harddddd

and waiting for other people to answer questions about said decisions is boring :p

3 Likes

helo. i would like to give a forewarning of a future stretch of inactivity [because i can now!!] that is almost certain. it will last from november nineteenth to the twenty-eighth. have a nice day.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just realized I could just use my Level Data to determine its collision, even if its the same clone as the enemies…

For you, it would obvious be your Collision / Pre Collision Data.

2 Likes