You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

@Crosbyman64
I still haven’t started on my project, and it will be a while before I do. I’m kinda very busy right now lol.

But I’ll be looking out for your project, I really like how it looks so far, and the progress you’re making is great! Can’t wait to play it.

2 Likes

i think it’s because you’ve posted the poll here where it gets buried instead of the topic for these

3 Likes

wait, there’s a topic for it??

2 Likes

Suprisingly, I have still been coding!
However, I only code on the weekends because of school and other stuff, so I have not posted any in like half a year.

5 Likes

incorrectly loaded or image not found

6 Likes

here is the topic for tag group creations

2 Likes

ohh, that? yeah, i already know about that

is there one for holding “please join my tag group” polls?

1 Like

i think you just put those polls in that same topic

oh, gotcha.

i’ll get to that then

1 Like

How can I fix this?
BTW I just found out your old name, nice to see you.

1 Like

if the H bug appears when playing someone else’s project, just exit and reenter. if it’s yours, try that but if it still doesn’t work, i think you need to reupload the images

3 Likes

I think my streak is lost :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I have made a lot of changes. I found a way to combine the level data, key requirement data, and pre-collision data into one string, without ruining the collisions or any other functions. It also means I was able to remove the pre-collision data without any compromise.

I also reduced the max size to 256x64 so hopscotchers will be able to share their levels here without exceeding the 20,000 max character limit.

One bug you might encounter is an enemy clipping through the ground and getting stuck in mid-air after the player acquires a key. It isn’t consistent, but it is a huge issue. I don’t know if I even fixed it yet, and I don’t know why it occurs. And no, this isn’t due to the fact I used the level data for collisions instead of collision data. I have some code in the collision code that converts the characters in the data to a collision enemies can use.

I’ll be able to share the beta sometime tomorrow, one as a hopscotch link, and another as a modded player link (so you can use the share option)

And yes, I also added two more options: “import” and “share.” Located in the tile drawer next to “play.”

Note: the share option wasn’t tested. I’ll need to know how big of a level you’re able to share until you are unable to even highlight the data.

4 Likes

I’m sometimes very busy too, mostly with IRL stuff. I don’t have school, so I have a little more free-time on my hand, and I have the most free-time on the weekends, but I’m unable to publish my project during that time.

3 Likes

RIP to the trending tab, those were the days :disappointed:

5 Likes

The bug I’m describing seems to occur when a different object goes out of the load zone (in the y direction, namely a coin). Maybe I forgot to target only the specific object…

2 Likes

I found out which rule is causing it, and I found a way to fix it (somewhat)…

2 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

local collision is surprisingly not at all hard! :D

sus

/lh

3 Likes

stop giving up

2 Likes