I have made a lot of changes. I found a way to combine the level data, key requirement data, and pre-collision data into one string, without ruining the collisions or any other functions. It also means I was able to remove the pre-collision data without any compromise.
I also reduced the max size to 256x64 so hopscotchers will be able to share their levels here without exceeding the 20,000 max character limit.
One bug you might encounter is an enemy clipping through the ground and getting stuck in mid-air after the player acquires a key. It isn’t consistent, but it is a huge issue. I don’t know if I even fixed it yet, and I don’t know why it occurs. And no, this isn’t due to the fact I used the level data for collisions instead of collision data. I have some code in the collision code that converts the characters in the data to a collision enemies can use.
I’ll be able to share the beta sometime tomorrow, one as a hopscotch link, and another as a modded player link (so you can use the share option)
And yes, I also added two more options: “import” and “share.” Located in the tile drawer next to “play.”
Note: the share option wasn’t tested. I’ll need to know how big of a level you’re able to share until you are unable to even highlight the data.
I’m sometimes very busy too, mostly with IRL stuff. I don’t have school, so I have a little more free-time on my hand, and I have the most free-time on the weekends, but I’m unable to publish my project during that time.