whats the max objects in a HS editor and do clones count?
4096, and clones do count I believe :))
okay thank you! i think i’ll be ok haha
more blocks = more frames
Most frame drops are caused by objects running a complex piece of code at the same time every frame.
@Awesome_E if only you were able to make a tool that can calculate which block(s) caused the most frame drops in a project. It would give us an idea of why our projects are sometimes laggy, and could also give us a clue on how to optimize our projects to run smoother.
@t1_hopscotch here’s every bug / annoyances I could find in the public version (3.54.2):
- Deleting a block via dragging can cause the code window to scroll down
- Trying to delete an image after tapping the + button always fails (discovered by @RoadOcean)
- Sometimes entering values in parameters causes the block to scroll all the way to the beginning instead of remaining where it was. This makes editing large parameters more difficult, and it takes much more time to do so.
- Large projects have a chance of womping after some time (larger projects womp faster than smaller projects). It doesn’t even show the error message, it just displays a white screen (even though the code says not to do so).
- When downloading a project, if you go back before it finishes / opens the project, or it returns an error, you are unable to choose another project in your drafts until you quit the app.
The moment you realize setting a bunch of local variables for substitution can actually cause lag spikes
@Spy_Guy_96 I stopped using the local variable method. I’m now getting 13.02 FPS at 600 enemies, an FPS I would’ve hit at 450-500 enemies.
Not updated to 2.1.x, but it should give you a solid idea still
I was running on player 1.5.x anyways. It didn’t help much, I found out some of the lag occurring for me in my platformer template was due to setting too many variables in one frame.
In your lag test, for me, the value score was 44 no matter the number of clones (1 versus 500).
And yes, I did sit through every time the project almost froze due to set image, set text, and start sound.
Set Image to and
Set Text to both exist lol
Hmm ok I can try that if I ever make a game like this
Yeah I should probably test operators in some sort of meaningful way, like how matches will be slower than multiplication, for example.
I basically set the images via code. The advantage of using only blank text objects is they are invisible in play mode, so you won’t see any objects flashing.
Hey, @ExplodingDucks, it’s been a while. How’s it been? Coding anything?
I’ve been busy with school and stuff, but I’ve had an idea that I hope I can do
@Spy_Guy_96 got any gameplay ideas? I want plenty of gameplay mechanics for the 20 levels I’m going to make (plus 10 from the community).
I got Gravity Manipulation (like Antigravity) for one of my ideas. Maybe Low Gravity too.
It’s me O.o, mom I am famous:)
@/Crosbyman64 do you like it?
I am trying to make a mazeformer kinda like one of your older project:)
Is 10 level good enough?
Menu not complete, just a start up:)
10 levels is a good start.
My game, StarCourse, has 49/80 levels. Level 25 is the boss level, and every other level (except iPhone levels) have 3 sub levels each. It has really hard getting a lot of the levels into the game, since the Creator had no way of sharing nor importing…