You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

oh ok :o genuinely didnt notice anything inappropriate
maybe you could only do parts where everything is appropriate? i dont mind if you cut

edit: wait is [edited out, also in edit history] an inappropriate word?

edit2: if it’s filtered it definitely is
thats so sad it’s just one word >:( /lu

3 Likes

@Crosbyman64, usually how big are your platformers in terms of number of tiles in width in the stage/level? also, how big are your tiles? 64 × 64 or 128 × 128?

asking because i dont have a lot of experiences on platformers :sweat_smile: really appreciate if you reply :D

its not exactly that one word, it talks about stuff that im not entirely sure is appropriate for the forum

yeah
its not like the worst one but it isnt a word that youd want to use in public

would it be ok if i did it but left the lyrics out?

2 Likes

yes, it’s fine :+1:

o.o how did i not notice that
ill go delete my post with the links ig

2 Likes

ok, i may not be able to do it for a while because i have stuff this week + next week but ill try to get it done by the end of the month

3 Likes

Please vote in this poll! The cake fairy is very impatient

2 Likes

[Reply to Tri-Angle]

Stage Size = 1024 x 768 (set by project builder)

Tile Size = 128

Tile Layout = 9 x 7 (8 x 6 (48) are shown on one screen at a time)*

*Slower tile update methods will require a tile layout of 10 x 8 instead

Max Level Size = 99 x 99 (9801 tiles)

[Reply to Topic]

I doing great on my Yahtzee in HS project. I got the entire upper row working, minus the bonus 35 for a sub total of 63 or more.

All that’s left is the lower row, bonuses, game over screen, highscore, and that’s about it…

Edit: I got a Yahtzee on my own recreation. All sixes too.

1 Like

ok, thx for the info! rly useful :DD

usually whats your level size on middle/hard difficulty?

2 Likes

Difficulty is more based on the placement of the tiles in the level

My largest so far is 60x16, and that’s still relatively easy… until you try to get all 3 stars.

2 Likes

Why Is phoenixes a trend for pfp right now?

4 Likes

It’s for fearless Phoenix and to show appreciation!

5 Likes

^
my padawan started a little something to surprise me when i got back and everyone else just hopped on <33

6 Likes

It seems trail arts would generally require more effort and time - so it makes sense that you should glean more satisfaction from those!

You definitely have a passion for making art, no matter the form. You have true skill, be sure to not lose that :))

5 Likes

Then I’m hopping on the train too choo choo!

4 Likes

haha, welcome aboard. thanks for the show of love lol <3

5 Likes

Hope things are going well

Cya

4 Likes

I managed to recreate Yahtzee in Hopscotch.

My inspiration was a little electronic Yahtzee game, generally used during road trips or free time.

I played the game and was like, this might be easy to recreate. So I did. The score system was easy since I was keeping track of how many dice there were…

The game has it all: sub-total dice (1-6), 3 of a kind, 4 of a kind, full house, small and large straight, chance, and Yahtzee (all bonuses are included).

The best part: no additional things are required. It’s all electronic.

The link is here.

6 Likes

I’ll check it out tomorrow, sounds excellent :+1:

3 Likes

To make it easier for those who don’t know how Yahtzee works, a future update will include roll value (tap once to show roll value, tap again to select).

2 Likes

Yes, I think lots of people who share art on hs either aren’t allowed or aren’t old enough to download other apps that you can share art on.

Some of the best artists on hs I’ve seen (no offence to anyone) also are awesome coders, because they’ve managed to make an amazing art pad as well.

4 Likes