Don’t worry, it won’t. It helps preventing glitches on low end devices. (When the tile set is used properly that is)
@Spy_Guy_96 I just made a blank platformer template
- Includes Presets, Variables, Controller code, etc.
- Made on Basic Mode (Does not require Advanced Mode to save)
- Added Secret Blocks
- Stage Size: 1024x768
- Player Version: 1.5.23
(You can use the project builder to prove the player version and stage size).
that’s why before sharing a level (level string), the user should validate it
And… fixed, weird how it took several days.
Mine literally forces you to test and complete the custom level every time you make a change before you can share it.
pretty sure that one person only voted excellent to spite this haha
that was almost like minecraft tricks
What’s new? [Free to Use with credit to Spy Guy 96 (unless you are Spy Guy 96)]
- Added basic player collision for solid tiles (type = b)
- Added code for local collision (for both player and enemies)
- Added Scroll Code
- Added Reset and Hit Broadcasts, Goal is currently blank. (Broadcasts are under Broadcast Handler)
- Added conditions for when player falls out of the world or loses all health.
Wait thanks for nominating @/roadocean and I’s shape art
15-25 fps, it mostly depends on how many enemies are on screen.
Literally was just about to nominate this, such a good game!
*the best game on Hopscotch
let’s say saturndragons was called ‘The Amazing Dragons of Saturn’. i can make that the group name, but not the group tag because it’s too long and has spaces- the name would be The Amazing Dragons of Saturn but the tag would be something like @/TADOS or @/AmazingSD
so you need to change the group tag to something without spaces
what about the slow mode?
(awesome group idea tho)
Things you still need to do in this project:
- Define Player Hitbox (including width and height)
- Finish Collision code for both player and enemies
- Add Player Sprite
- Add Tile Data and Tile Sprites
- Add Enemy Sprites
- Add Tile Animations (optional)
- Add FPS Meter
- Add Dynamic FrameRate code (requires Advanced Mode)
You can only request a change to your group tag once per month. The slow mode is to ensure no one breaks the guidelines.
I can’t figure out why the tiles keep flashing. I’m on debug mode, and for some reason, the tile IDs did not get set at all. The level data is in BG object
@Spy_Guy_96 What did I miss / do wrong?
Tile X / Next X is negative
I copied everything (well just the basics) from Spy Guy’s project. It should all be matched.