You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

oh right i forgot—

3 Likes

yes but it’s no doubt the best breakout game i’ve seen in hopscotch so far, and i haven’t seen one with power-ups before, or ones that don’t glitch every second
and i think it’s just as complex if not more complex than some of the projects on excellent like let’s roll, simple games can be awesome too

4 Likes

Yes I know, i make both so i understand! But curated games have a curation guide and complexity is part of it. So is originality and they are 2 of the biggest categories

2 Likes

Yeah it’s definitely the best one, but games get curated based on a guide and criteria not the quality alone, the game would definitely get excellent but it’s hard to meet the 2 biggest categories with a breakout game

2 Likes

i get the originality, but there is a lot of complex code in that project

very impressive that it can do this with no lag lol

4 Likes

I dont think code is what it’s based off of

3 Likes

right before it says “how complex is the project,” which could include code
the performance is also very good, it is easy to play, well-designed, and fun

6 Likes

so are the levels

6 Likes

Yes that’s true, but not doing well just in those two categories really makes it hard to get excellent. Sorry if this seems like I don’t like the game, I really do like it!

4 Likes

i’m not sure why you think it’s so simple, it’s aesthetic is simple and clean but the code has complex math and stuff

in my opinion it does great in every other category

5 Likes

Maybe I’m just slightly annoyed because I spent a while making all of these updates for my game to get excellent and then a game gets excellent without adding anything else? So I might just not realize it because of that and it probably should get excellent yk? /gen

3 Likes

that’s perfectly fine but we just think the project is better than only rising and not that it got better

6 Likes

While I agree that my project isn’t the most original, I feel like it’s still good enough to be excellent.

There are a few features that make it stand out from other break out games on hopscotch, like how the project automatically speeds up depending on device performance, making it so the game run the same even on slow devices,

The collision system used in the game allows infinite balls without much lag,

And, as somebody already pointed out before, power ups

Also, there are a bunch of other game recreations that got onto masterpieces and excellent before, so I feel like that isn’t a reason for the project to be excluded from excellent.

7 Likes

some people, like @/Spy_Guy_96, prefer to fully develop their games before publishing them - which is how excellent is awarded so quickly.

other people - like you, for example, and me some of the time, prefer to start out by publishing the project and keep building on it over time. it’s just a different coding style, and neither one is ‘right’ or ‘wrong’.

so spy guy may have spent the same amount of time that you did developing your games, and just released it after all the updates were added - so they didn’t nessicarily use less effort than you, just did it differently

hope this helps :)

7 Likes

I agree, I think I’m just salty about my game lol

Spy Guy coded it with the #debugmycode competition so it would’ve had to take less time because the comp didn’t go for that long and I kinda think you saying

kinda makes it seem like I said that it took less effort which I didn’t

I didn’t say that either (I know you didn’t directly say that I said that I said that but it seems like that’s what your implying)

4 Likes

yeah, i apologize, it does sound like that which is not what i was aiming for at all, i’d never purposefully try to accuse you of something- again, i’m really sorry. /gen /pos

it’s possible. everyone codes differently & at different speeds.

4 Likes

It’s fine I understand!

Yes but then

I don’t think this could be true unless you could code entries before the comp because I’ve spent weeks developing Dashing Ninja (which is the game I’ve been talking about)

4 Likes

Spy guy made the game in 2 days

7 Likes

yeah it’s not nessicarily true (curse the gods of spelling) but it’s possible

wait that sounds weird - i’m not trying to be contradictory, i mean that they may have made it faster or slower

ack i cant speak

you’re right about the fact that it took a faster time than you to make it, but the effort is there (not that you said anything about that again) and therefore it is worthy of excellent imo lol

that took way too long to say

5 Likes

I can’t remember exactly but I think I spend 2 or 3 days on the “final” project (since I restarted a bunch of times lol)

Though I did spend a lot of time on the days that I coded on the project

I consider myself to be a pretty fast coder lol

9 Likes