You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

(Replying to the edit) The big problem with blank text is that I have a hard time making small and quick changes and visualizing what I’m doing, using set positions makes it a lot harder to make changes quickly and it’s easier to not use them but it also is good for organization. Although I feel like since I’ve been doing it so long It’s more organized (for me) when I use objects. The only reason I use blank text is for clones and if it gets to cluttered or I just need to put code somewhere that doesn’t affect any object if that makes sense.

3 Likes

It’s still curated and didn’t get changed so I don’t really think it would get a chance at a higher level of curation but maybe I’m wrong

1 Like

Lol, yes

2 Likes

that’s true. but it really doesn’t deserve only rising

3 Likes

That’s what I always do,

To make more organized, name your object to find which is which

3 Likes

chaos mode i love it so much haha

4 Likes

there’s a title screen? i probably have to finish the game lol

4 Likes

Although it’s great in quality, there been a million breakout games and it’s a simple game at its core (which isn’t bad) so being out next to complex games in excellent might be a little stretching it? I think it’s awesome but idk

3 Likes

no its in the begininning haha

3 Likes

‘begininning’ why cant i spell :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Making a good simple game requires just as much skill as making a good complex game.

3 Likes

oh right i forgot—

3 Likes

yes but it’s no doubt the best breakout game i’ve seen in hopscotch so far, and i haven’t seen one with power-ups before, or ones that don’t glitch every second
and i think it’s just as complex if not more complex than some of the projects on excellent like let’s roll, simple games can be awesome too

4 Likes

Yes I know, i make both so i understand! But curated games have a curation guide and complexity is part of it. So is originality and they are 2 of the biggest categories

2 Likes

Yeah it’s definitely the best one, but games get curated based on a guide and criteria not the quality alone, the game would definitely get excellent but it’s hard to meet the 2 biggest categories with a breakout game

2 Likes

i get the originality, but there is a lot of complex code in that project

very impressive that it can do this with no lag lol

4 Likes

I dont think code is what it’s based off of

3 Likes

right before it says “how complex is the project,” which could include code
the performance is also very good, it is easy to play, well-designed, and fun

6 Likes

so are the levels

6 Likes

Yes that’s true, but not doing well just in those two categories really makes it hard to get excellent. Sorry if this seems like I don’t like the game, I really do like it!

4 Likes