You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

I feel you. My original PFP was literally made on Keynote over 2 years ago. I changed it when I got Procreate.

4 Likes

I literally made mine in photoshop lol
I just screenshotted a cool picture and added text lol

1 Like

oh wow - that’s why this spring project was broken for me for a moment. the workaround i found was to put every clone’s data into a “draft” variable, and one frame later let the original clone transfer the draft datas into the real variable. it seems like in this way it’s working perfectly, but it’s not optimal because clones aren’t updating their datas each frame.

talking of my sorting algorithm, i didn’t want to make a “clone sort”; only the original object will take care of everything. the reason of that is if you have to sort an array of numbers (so not physical clones that can run code), you only can have one object sorting everything, and the sorting algorithm performance/speed would be very important

btw, that sorting algorithm is the Comb sort

3 Likes

Hey - sorry for coming back to you so late, haven’t been on as much as I would’ve hoped the couple of weeks or so. I’ll get back to you re this in a couple of days max. Thanks for being patient!

Is this still the current link?

4 Likes

Yes it is. It’ll remain that way until I condense the entire game into a single object (which may or may not actually happen).

ah ok ill have to wait around 6 months to code again then

1 Like

yeah that’s true – I was trying to see if it was possible to have each step be possible in 1 frame rule, so then I could brute force the sort operation and only have clones very shortly. But it seems that’s not possible.

I see. I would probably still have taken a “control object with clones” approach, but I do see the value in not doing that too.

Nice, might check that out if I get an interest in sorting stuff in HS again.

3 Likes

Thank you @StarlightStudios for the code to make it look better but you can walk into an object and go on top of it, can somebody fix it

2 Likes

oh, thats not the fastest, but imo the most beautiful in every sorts algorithms i know

2 Likes

hey guys :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

hey! whats up?

2 Likes

im trying to figure out how to code this classical quartet on hs but idk how to make the notes longer lol

3 Likes

i can’t either - they have a determined lenght tmk
because of this i had to give up one of my musics i was coding :(

i hope hopscotch will give us more options when coding music, because rn the notes are really limited

3 Likes

noooo they should really add options for half/quarter/16th etc etc because it would really make it easier :frowning:

5 Likes

Yep, the only way i can do it is just repeating notes and it just doesn’t sound right

3 Likes

no you can’t, already tested that :((

1 Like

nice!
you got the colors pretty close aswell
your missing one color /no-worries

1 Like

i expect the entire community of 5001 people to be online at 2022-08-21T22:00:00Z >:)

/hyp /lh /t

7 Likes

What’s going on?

Is it a party to celebrate the new dashing ninja update /j

3 Likes

no, it’s a party to celebrate a [spoiler, ha!]

4 Likes