You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 30 [OFFICIAL]

I just found it’s not the press rule that runs at 30 FPS, it’s the draw a trail block that runs at 30 FPS.

Can be fixed by adding a repeat until release custom method, which makes the block run full speed. (But only if there is no movement)…

2 Likes

@SwimGirlStudios I made a simple swipe check with look ahead [1]

Disclaimers

• Only supports swiping in up direction so far (for testing)
  • Is very buggy, and some things will not work as intended
  • It’s just a test project, and most likely won’t be updated from its current version.

Did you know? In Candy Crush, the candy you swipe is brought in front of the other, and when a match is not found, that same candy then gets sent behind (kind of like a shuffle). And it takes 18 frames for all of this to happen (9 for the swipe, and 9 more for canceling that swipe).

1. it checks for a match while the shapes are moving so it can immediately take effect once the swipe is complete. If there is no match, the swipe is canceled ↩︎

2 Likes

I use an app called sketchbook, but I’ve never heard of an autodesk sketchbook. Perhaps it’s just the official name? If not, sketchbook is another great option. Also, for a good MacBook app, you can find New Paint X on the App Store. It’s really simple but effective. (@RoadOcean)

2 Likes

I have this app, and I have no regrets buying it. Was totally worth it.

2 Likes

How to do you create your own tag group?

2 Likes

In this topic, you can make a poll along with your group name and image. Once 10 people have voted yes in this poll, tag a leader and it will be created. If you need there are more detailed instructions in that topic. Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Thanks for helping me

2 Likes

Sure yeah, that’s fine

1 Like

woah that’s a lot of notes

3 Likes

Same thing. It is by autodesk and it will say that when opening the app

3 Likes

I use that and it’s really good!

2 Likes

Whats the max z index possible in hopscotch?

I don’t expect to reach it but just curious

2 Likes

no idea, but the higher the z-index is the laggier the project is (tmk at least)

3 Likes

No hard limit in the player, but if you say, set a z index to 200, the player creates 200 layers. So, it’s as much as your device can handle. Setting Z Index to 9999999999, for example, tries to create that many layers and will freeze the player (not crash or womp, just freeze)

5 Likes

i’d be surprised if you can actually code on a 3d hopscotch lol

6 Likes

It might be possible to do that with some CSS magic on the web explorer, but I haven’t tried

• 3D Hopscotch lol
  • No bugs in Hopscotch

0 voters

10 Likes

no, focus on collaboration on project builder instead of doing uselessly random stuff /hj /lh /not-wanna-be-rude-lol

3 Likes

lol but for the memes yeah ik

5 Likes

NO

6 Likes

Omg yes please try and do it if you can lol!
@894ers you should vote in this lol :joy:

4 Likes