You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

hmm, i don’t see any fps in the game

6 Likes

I meant this

3 Likes

I did play it on mac so i’m not too sure if I count

I didn’t experience any lag

3 Likes

It is hidden by default. Go to Options and turn FPS on.

4 Likes

you can undo your vote lol

oh lol that’s why :laughing:

@ThinBuffalo, i just want to say a big thank you, your matching algorithm is soo powerful - i made it so it matches 1024 characters in one frames, and i can easily go crazy, for eg 32768 characters in one frames (2^15). A big thank you :pray:

7 Likes

Where?

1 Like

:eye::x: show vote

7 Likes

(⚆_⚆) After all my years /j

3 Likes

lol, now change your vote so i can count you in (in case i forget lol)

8 Likes

What about symbols?

4 Likes

If anyone is curious, this is how the game looks on my end. The debug screen is something only I can see.

5 Likes

Will it be published as “Top Games” (as a seed dev pro)

4 Likes

There is little to no chance I’ll be joining the next Seed Developer Program.

Tho if I did, I would totally use the game.

2 Likes

It only lets the first five characters be letters, numbers, a few punctuations, some spaces, and new lines.

that is indeed something that I might indeed have done had I been able to.

Your notifications seem broken, usually they’re supposed to say the names of the user that did the activity, not show a weird wavy rectangle with blurry edges. May be some sort of bug.

Only if you are too weak to find it.

why only on the forum? I think math features everywhere are fun.

Hello, your poll is not a poll but rather a screenshot of a poll. This is a common mistake to make so I understand completely. Just thought you sshould know.

That’s a fun game.

I cannot load the video but it is interesting. You say there is a debug screen? I can’t seem to see it, is that a bug?

12 Likes

I really like the feature of the checkpoint giving you a few tries before running out of restarts, and the smooth FPS rate really helps with the aesthetic of the game.

And wow you got through the level pretty smoothly :+1: One piece of feedback I have is that when we first played this (Hopscotch team), we were stopping before the first pit of spikes — before making the jump. And it was a very precise jump to make from there (a little too punishing and we kept falling into the spikes) It wasn’t clear to us yet, that the velocity of the character is maintained and that that is needed to make the jump, in the first level.

But otherwise I really enjoyed the movement of the character^^

5 Likes

@Petrichor does this answer your question?

2 Likes

Yeah, the player has 0 air resistance. It makes it harder to control, but with a bit of practice, you’ll have it mastered.

I also included a feature called “air jumping,” which also you to still jump within a fraction of a second after leaving the ground.

And I have a wall jumping mechanic, which includes wall sliding (only on sticky walls and blinking blocks).

The player can jump a 2-block gap (3-block gap with jump boost), and it’s the same for most tile-based platformers, including the ones by Spy Guy 96.

Any suggestions for making it more convenient for new players? I can easily edit the level as I included the option to open in editor after completing it. I can also easily make the player move at a slightly faster max speed.

3 Likes

I just made some changes to the debug screen. Now the following hopscotchers (via the app) have access to it:

(Tags were intentionally left off)
@/Awesome_E
@/Petrichor
@/Serenity
@/Spy_Guy_96
@/t1_hopscotch
@/Yuanyuan

I’ll provide the app link to version 0.1.0.42 BETA in the updates topic when it goes live.

3 Likes

Wow that good

4 Likes

They took a screenshot of my poll because they were confused as to where the remove vote option was.

4 Likes