You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

I don’t think so, no. What do you define screen refresh as? Do you mean one frame?

2 Likes

Currently, Hopscotch doesn’t allow you to do this. You can only do this in Scratch (while retaining the block style coding aspect)

Running without screen refresh often means skipping all animation that RequestAnimationFrame does per frame. In Scratch’s terms, it makes complex calculations much faster and/or almost instantaneous. The only thing that makes it take longer is often due to background lag, which mostly cannot be avoided.

4 Likes

I guess it really depends on how advanced they are, but sine is mostly the way to go when it comes to moving an object back and forth with smooth ends. It’s also the easiest way. My method is a bit more complex.

I might even use it to upgrade Hexagonyx’s movements in STAR-LINK and get a little more control over where it stops.

4 Likes

Hello back /quality-jokes

Welcome back man, good to see you

7 Likes

about to do a huge compliment bomb!! it might take me a bit tho

15 Likes

it will - mine took a week lol

6 Likes

mine took a hour and a half so so

5 Likes

mine was extremely huge tho - i noted down every active users from @/trust_level_0 trick, read all bios and check all hopscotch accounts, and in some cases read popular past posts. that’s why i took 1 week lol

(and i had to find for each letter a quote)

^^ i do not recommend anyone to do what i did lol, unless you’re happy and motivated to write kindness for your community :))

anyone coding any exciting projects?

6 Likes

Gonna try doing a realistic-ish cooking game consisting of mostly shape art, which is new for me, and experimenting with scenes in the project. This could be the biggest thing I’ve done yet, that is if I don’t give up haha

3 Likes

trying to make a game based off owning a cat

5 Likes

ohhh. I just wrote

nope

U gave me a idea!

ima fool ppl in a cooking game!

wait… why am I telling my plan to everyone?

3 Likes

i did 250 compliments for one of my milestones lol. took a loooong time but 1000% worth

6 Likes

As long as its not a rickroll, that’s cool!
if it is a rickroll…i’ll pass, thank you very much.

3 Likes

Never gonna give you up!

U got rick roll. No one passes my rickrolls:))

hehehe lol but im not sure if ill do the cooking fooling ppl.

2 Likes

That’s impressive. If I do a huge compliment on MSS3 for a big milestone (perhaps for my 1000th day visited), I’ll do a draft in a separate app to avoid the “\textcolor{rgb(255,128,0}{\text{drafts offline}}” or “\textcolor{rgb(255,128,0}{\text{draft error}}” that I always get.

7 Likes

i did it in my notes app and just did a bit every so often til we got there lol

4 Likes

yeah how do you get everyones name onto there so quick?

12 Likes

I LOVE CATS I LOVE CATS I LOVE CATS I LOVE CATS I LOVE CATS!!! ILL BE THE FIRST ONE TO TEST IT

12 Likes

I am working on a bar based timer system will take a while

1 Like

well…lmk when it comes out because if you didn’t already know (/sarc) i LOVE cats ;)))

12 Likes