You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

What race track?

Look at that part that I added as you were replying.

And my outer choice is to ask @Awesome_E for a fix.

1 Like

Please be aware that any bug (big or small) can take a while to fix.

1 Like

I meant a quick fix.
Edit: I just found a quick fix and partly why it’s happening.
Quick fix: change the “?r=1” to “?r=0”
Why it’s happening: it doesn’t show the opsin to eather get a pic from the camera roll or take one or browse instead it just skips it and goes to browse. @Awesome_E this should help you fix it.

2 Likes

yeah, I know that. I’m trying to do something else though, and would appreciate less than 3 tags every 30 minutes. If I do fix it, I will be sure to let you know.

4 Likes

Oh sorry. My ADHD makes me crave instant responses. :frowning:

3 Likes

i don’t think so, i’m really sorry :(( /g

6 Likes

It’s alright, but just know that tagging me just adds to my notifications. (I’m already notified when you reply to me, so only mention me if it’s not a direct reply and you need to notify me of something)

On a brighter note, the issue should you were talking about with the r=1 in the URL should be fixed now

5 Likes

If you made an automated program in hopscotch and use it in multiple projects, would it still be eligible for excellent and masterpieces?

3 Likes

great question ^^^ i made something using in-app shortcut to easily code string in the past

5 Likes

Can the wayback machine index the hopscotch forum?

2 Likes

Again, in each project, it’s about what you add after the automation

code string?

If someone has saved it, then probably yes.

3 Likes

i draw something and it transforms to a string. then i paste it in another project which will display what i drew :D

5 Likes

depends on what the automation is specifically – go read the “curation criteria” section of my guide and click on the link for more info if you want to. i detailed just about everything there so if you’ve got a curation question, a good bet is to read that lol

3 Likes

@Paige1212 :0

5 Likes

That’s cool. It’s not really as much of json modification as it is coding a data saver on Hopscotch, plus I don’t think you would be trying to get your project curated purely based on one of those drawings or strings, so it’s probably fine

3 Likes

@Spy_Guy_96 I’m currently attempting to add slope physics, and I already got the player to collide at specific sides only (namely, the flat sides of the slope). I got the easy stuff done, but the slope itself will be much harder. My eventual goal is to make a slope collision that’s compatible with any slope.

I also determined this following (the math is not perfect):

Y = X(rise/run) for a forward facing slope /
Y = W-X(rise/run) for a backwards facing slope \

4 Likes

That’s kind of the approach I’ve taken to it as well. Mine works, but the game is way too buggy in its current state otherwise. Plus, it’s more of a slippery slope, so if you start move, you don’t stop until the character reaches the bottom

1 Like
  • Must be HSL
  • H must have the deg unit
  • S and L must have the %
3 Likes

@Tri-Angle the million-dollar question is: what HS version are you on?

1 Like