You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

I’m actually not entirely sure…

1 Like

that is immensely helpful, considering what i’m trying to do with this project lol

5 Likes

Hi hey hello!!! Sure! Reply to me to confirm the transaction :eyes:

5 Likes

Confirming… confirmed.

1 Like

hey there @PinkCupcake8 - saw you somewhere in my notifications :))
hope all is well with you - or about to get better!!

8 Likes

@894 This topic is the perfect place to talk about all things Hopscotch. What’s your favorite thing about the app?

7 Likes

This might just be me but it would seem (in certain cases) that in the new version (with the set background) the set variable block now takes a full frame?
It’s the first block in a repeat loop followed by a set width so it shouldn’t be doing that…

2 Likes
Should i start a shop? Please reply honestly
  • Yes :))
  • No :((

0 voters

Should i change the tag list name?
  • Yes, and i will suggest something
  • Yes, but i don’t have any suggestions
  • No, this tag list name is okay

0 voters

long time no see @Rectangle :))

12 Likes

Start a shop for what?

2 Likes

@Awesome_E how does hopscotch store custom images? I’m wondering because I saw that every image in every project I’ve ever been on is in a folder in the hopscotch folder. And I can’t figure out where projects get the images the first time. Or how it references them in set image blocks and image objects. I tried to use your project builder to figure it out but I can’t.

3 Likes

just a shop, in general

3 Likes

CMIIW, but I’m pretty certain it stores the image data in the project.

CMIIW means Correct Me If I’m Wrong, btw.

2 Likes

Where in the file does it store it?

1 Like

There is a list of asset urls, and the images get downloaded from a server that matches those image IDs to images tagged with those ids

3 Likes

Ok i see. Does the image object have the url for that image in it?

2 Likes

In set image, it points to a customObject item with that name. The customObject has the ID of the image on the server (not the full url)

3 Likes

Seems unused from what I’ve seen

3 Likes

I see… that must be why the names of the images are random letters and numbers. It’s the images ID.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s right!

the full url is something like hopscotch-images.s3.amazonaws.com/production/imageID.png or something like that, but I never remember it correctly.

4 Likes

How does it point to the object? Sorry if I’m asking to many questions. I’m curious.

3 Likes