You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

Oh is that a bug?
Or is it intended behavior?

1 Like

It’s intended to reduce lag

1 Like

It works as intended. Moving platforms are classed as “enemy tiles” according to the Level Editor, so they must despawn after going too far offscreen to prevent massive lag spikes.

I did notice something else though: if the moving platform is still there, I noticed when it reaches the tiles to the right, it phases through them a tiny bit, then glitch back out in order to resolve overlapping collision. Might be due to how the moving platform is moved…

2 Likes

That’s why there is a special tile that makes a moving platform turn around

1 Like

I’ve noticed that too.

1 Like

It’s worth noting that moving platforms have to be much farther off screen than regular enemies to despawn.

3 Likes

Good to know.

Hey, Spy Guy 96, have you seen my combined collision (solid + semi-solid) attempt?

I’ll combine every collision type… cuz I can, lol.

4 Likes

Yep, seems to work pretty well.

3 Likes

Yep.

Pro: requires less Rules (aka less collision checks)
Con: requires more variables (the amount I used was a little redundant).

4 Likes

I FOUDN IT’S WEAKNESS! yess
I’m probably gonna add some sort of check to prevent this

4 Likes

Like check if repeat > 0?

4 Likes

it would be nice if your translation is not hidden lol

4 Likes

They tried, but the extra line breaks they added were automatically removed when posting.

2 Likes

Nah, more like max since it saves blocks

2 Likes

use <br> :))

(boop @Mathematics2)

4 Likes

Lol I tried but the line brakes disappeared. Plus I did have a translation still.

2 Likes

Too late to edit. Sorry. @Crosbyman64 I would like you making it all in one.

2 Likes

yep no worries, that tool is for next time if it happens again :))

<br> is a html tag which means “line break” if you didn’t know - just a fun fact i’d like to share

4 Likes

It requires at least two because 1 is to check based on the player’s next x/y position, and the other based on its current position.

Also, I can’t do either because of an annoying bug in the player, which Spy Guy 96 can give you details on.

2 Likes

Ok @Spy_Guy_96 can you please give me details on the bug?

3 Likes