You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

i did because we are veering a bit off of topic and we need to get back on track :))

although its great to talk about the forum and explain our systems, this still isnt a general chat topic and that’s something we have to be mindful of – it is intended to talk about hopscotch and coding, the core of the forum, so the slowmodes and rare timers are to help everyone focus their thoughts and create meaningful posts to have productive discussions

4 Likes

Oh I see. Oh no we’ve been off topic for over 15 minutes! Does this mean this topic is going to close because of me @PM_Studios and @FearlessPhoenix?
@Tri-Angle i think your right and your project is to complex for me lol

4 Likes

topic wont close unless the offtopicness significantly continues for a while

3 Likes

Oh no sorry :disappointed:

3 Likes

okay dokay!

2 Likes

So are you coding anything? You know I made my word search generator when I was about 10 years old so you shouldn’t think less of you coding skills because your young @PM_Studios. @Awesome_E can you please check when I first existed the draft?

1 Like

they.

my pronouns are also in my bio twice and weve had a chat about this :)))

2 Likes

Sorry I forgot. I don’t have a good memory.

1 Like

then check or ask

2 Likes

I meant I forgot that rule.

1 Like

if it helps, think of it as basic human decency and not a rule, because thats what our common-sense rules are lol

2 Likes

Thanks so nice…

2 Likes

@Spy_Guy_96 I made my platform either solid or intangible, but not in the way you normally do it with the set Collision_Type to 1 or 0 and whatnot.

This isn’t the best example. A better example would be to switch from it being treated as a solid to something that is treated as a semi-solid (which, ironically, can also be done by switching to a different collision type). I just like combining things.

1 Like

In fact, I did just that.

Took me a while to get it working, though…

If not for that bug, I would’ve been able to combine solid and semi-solid collisions in just 1 block instead of 3 (x collision, y solid collision, y semi-solid collision)

2 Likes

I want to rework the system, but haven’t set aside time to do that (would be quite a huge change). So for the time being, I’m not doing any multiplayer sessions.

Text encoding? Probably UTF8 but I would need to check again

for what project?

2 Likes

I could, in theory, combine many collisions in just two blocks by using just these extra variables

isSolid - determines if the object is solid on all sides
notIntangible - determines if the object is solid at all
checkPlayerOffset - used for semi-solids (is equal to 0 for solids)
CollisionOffset - used for semi-solids (is equal to 0 for solids)
TrampolineForce - how far up the player is lifted upon collision
isHazard - treats the area of collision as a hazard
isGoal - treats the area of collision as a goal

I know these are a bit excessive and utterly unnecessary, but what would you rather have: 7 extra variables, or 7 rules (depending on how many collision types you have)?

3 Likes

I’m back… I’m going to code again soon

4 Likes

yay! i hope to see some new games in your profile

5 Likes

For my word search generator. @Awesome_E

2 Likes

i havent send you my code yet lol

5 Likes