You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

I used a regex tester to see if I made a mistake in my code. Turns out it was just a new line.

Also, if there’s a highlight going to the end of a window on each line, then you know there’s multiple lines.

Line One
Line Two

2 Likes

What’s a regex tester?

2 Likes

This: https://regex101.com/

2 Likes

I don’t understand what that is supposed to do.

2 Likes

It’s used to test a regular expression and see if it actually works the way you intended it to.

1 Like

I need suggestions on what to code with a custom image project… any suggestions? This is what I made a while ago it’s kinda useless to make a custom images lol

2 Likes

nah, just showing how funny it is that there is 10 pages worth of zeros

3 Likes

regex is a special super powerful tool using match statement. If you put ^(d[1-4][3-7])$ it’ll match everything that is d13, d14, d15, d16, d17, d23, d24, d25, d26, d27, d33, d34, d35, d36, d37, d43, d44, d45, d46 and d47. It would be long to code that with = operators.

5 Likes

The only downside is that will also match D13, D14, D15, etc. because the matches block is case insensitive.

4 Likes

oops yea, forgot this detail

5 Likes

You know @Tri-Angle your cells project with the foreground and the background tiles work just like what you’d have to do in most programming languages like C sharp to animate it.

2 Likes

yep, except i assume in c change image would be almost instantaneous and not take more than 33.333 milliseconds :)) (which is the case in Hopscotch)

4 Likes

By the way @Crosbyman64 whats the Unicode number of the return caricter?

2 Likes

\n is a linebreak. I don’t think there’s a Unicode for return…

^line1\nline2$

Will match

line1
line2
3 Likes

Technically that is true it would be faster in C sharp

2 Likes

I meant a line brake.
@Awesome_E do you know what text encoding hopscotch uses?

2 Likes

All text based programming languages are faster than Hopscotch.

Even JavaScript, which is what Hopscotch runs on.

4 Likes

Hopscotch runs on JavaScript? That’s cool

3 Likes

Well of course JavaScript is faster the hopscotch /sarcastic tone
Think about it 1 hopscotch block is multiple line’s of JavaScript code soo…

3 Likes

Also @Awesome_E do you still do multiplayer compatisuns?

3 Likes