You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

You can update it while published, but updating it via draft will reset all stats due to it being a different UUID.

1 Like

@Spy_Guy_96 I think you’ll like this one:

Think of it as “The Basic Collisions Bundle” (for the future). Includes solids, semi-solids, hazards, and the goal.

It is very easy to set up. Everything the code uses is in the “when type ≠ 0” rule, and you can expand it as you add more collision types.

3 Likes

Nope, good guess though

2 Likes

Will this be official?

Ooh the possibilities there are with custom rules for color, effect, for every block, etc.

3 Likes

Maybe :eyes:

Only time will tell…

I even created a custom rule containing all necessary rules for the tiles object.

1 Like

I just prepared two custom rules:

• Tile Based Platformer Template - you can guess what this is for. Place inside the tiles object and follow the comments within (letting people know ahead of time)
  • Player Code - this one is obvious

I made these two because it has some quite advanced code inside. I included comments for better understanding of the code, including credits to Spy Guy 96.

I don’t know why, but tile based platforms are my favorite to make. They have so much potential.

Just imagine, when the community garden is developed, people won’t have to keep recreating a platformer from scratch, which was one of the reasons why some just gave up. For them, it was just too hard. Some additional modifications are required (mostly just in the collision code), but it’ll give them the basics of collision and everything else will pretty much be set up for them.

3 Likes

Well it’s still your first project on that account according to the app. Is it on a different profile? This investigation is all but over. I’m on to you :hs_bear:

Though I’m without a lead.
give me a hint

7 Likes

It shouldn’t be hard to find my old account

4 Likes

Wow 377 weeks ago

8 Likes

NO WAY I JUST GOT THE NEW HOPSCOTCH UPDATE AND I’M SO EXCITED THIS IS AWESOME AND EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED FOR FOREVER!!!

Sorry, I’m just really excited…

8 Likes

And believe me when I say “It’ll get even better in the future”

4 Likes

@Petrichor just learned your name is actually a word! Was that intentional?

5 Likes

Anyone know how to make a tilted oval using sine and cosine?

I know how to do a standard oval (just by tweaking the amplitudes), but when the oval is tilted by 45°, it becomes a challenge.

3 Likes

I finally worked sin and cos

1 Like

Yep!

3 Likes

Dude I would legit give the account owner 1k seeds for that name

3 Likes

@Dragon_Riders i will be rebranding too Poison fully starting April 2nd (since April 1st is a troll day) until then I’ll be slowly doing slight changes towards the rebrand starting with a new logo!

5 Likes

Next up: HS Collectors

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/11igj9gefq

3 Likes

Thanks. It was very helpful

I got mine to tilt and retain its center point. All of this in a custom ability called “Draw Oval”

I made it do the full 360°, plus a small amount to smooth out the ends, per oval.

3 Likes