You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

i dont think it works with negative numbers

4 Likes

Z-index is any number from 1 to 99,999. Never go above 100 (unless your device can handle it). I don’t even go close to that number in my big games, a max of 20 should be more than enough.

3 Likes

Nope, they are still being rendered in the background (mainly so its code still runs properly). The only way to get rid of lag is to destroy the objects / use less clones (or use smaller image sizes if you use any).

3 Likes

^ or make sure hopscotch executes less block in one frame

100% agree on this

3 Likes

oh, that’s too bad

2 Likes

That’s me, the one and only ToothBrush haha. I think I’ve seen you on the app - I’ll go follow you if I haven’t already!

7 Likes

You’ve actually planted me before. Know this project?

5 Likes

Ohh yeah, just found your account too! Your profile image is also one of your pixel arts isnt it? So nice to meet you, I really like your pixel arts :)

I had to plant it because I’m a big time lotr fan haha

4 Likes

Same! I was thinking of making a pixel art of every LOTR characters. Maybe one day I will

3 Likes

That would be insane - I’d love to see it if and once you do :hs_penguin:

4 Likes

The best way to deal with Z-Index is to think of how many layers you need MINIMUM for your game to look good. Your main background should have an index of 1, and your foreground (as in your main transitional cover) should have the highest index. The only exception to this is if you use logo images.

Generally, layering on a menu screen would look something like this:

1. Main Background
  2. BG Decor
  3. Main Text shadow
  4. Main Title / Text (like How to Play, Credits, etc.)
  5. Button Shadow
  6. Button
  7. Text on Button
  8. Notification (if you make one)
  9. Foreground / Cover Image
  10. Logo Image (usually your PFP, group Flair, or both)

Swap 9 and 10 if you want the logo to be hidden by the foreground

3 Likes

Is anyone else struggling to find a bug with the new undo redo update?

(I guess this is a good thing since it’s bug free)

5 Likes

Hey @GOATGAMES, are you coding anything?

4 Likes

@Spy_Guy_96 I just thought of some good achievements for any indie platformer game with speedrun compatibility

Some Good Achievements
  1. Ultra Rare

Achievement: Perfect Run
Description: Beat the game without losing a life
Requirements: must play in speedrun mode (because anyone could just play each level over and over until they finally make it without being defeated. Or you could make it so the player has to start a new game if they are defeated the first time)

1. Ultra Rare

Achievement: The Quickster (kinda sounds like a reference to SpongeBob SquarePants, lol)
Description: Beat the game in less than {max_speedrun_time} (15 minutes, for example)
Requirements: must play in speedrun mode

1. Common

Achievement: Roll the Credits
Description: view the credits
Requirements: none

1. Rare

Achievement: 10 Days Of Parkour
Description: play the game on 10 consecutive days
Notes: NGL, this is something I’m having trouble with on STAR-LINK, lol

1. (If you have a boss of some kind) Rare

Achievement: {clever_boss_defeat_name} (Hexa-“gone”-yx in my case)
Description: Defeat {boss_name} (Hexagonyx in my case)

LMK what you think. Feedback is very appreciated.

3 Likes

I finally got it to work, lol (I changed the date and time just to test this. I changed it back before publishing). Now all I need to do is fix the counter in STAR-LINK so you can FINALLY get that achievement (try to do it fairly, though. Don’t just manipulate the date and time).

• How to get: Simply Remix the project, or try to manually copy the code from reference. Your choice.
  • Variables Used: LPD, LPM, LPY, checkDay, checkMonth, checkYear
    (LPD = Last Played Day)
  • Requirements: Advanced Mode (HS Pro Subscription)
4 Likes

hey everybody! Sorry for not being online if you want me to tell you why then just ask me

1 Like

I’ll be back to coding now, I am really excited to finally come back again. And can someone help me understand all the new blocks and stuff as well please.

4 Likes

I also got a project here that you might want to see

3 Likes

yep - what do you not understand?

3 Likes

The new control blocks and save input block

3 Likes