You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

I’m not sure, but I think you can. You just need to know how to use clone index.

2 Likes

@TheCoolDuckos
Balloon Physics

7 Likes

Encoded data looks sick

4 Likes

@Awesome_E why do projects temporarily freeze when you tap on the screen for the first time? Is hopscotch checking if there are any when taped rules or what?

2 Likes

Tips to people confused about the text operators:

Get character in (String) at (Index): Think of a highlighter. This highlighter highlights the character at the index in your string, starting at zero for the first character. “Hello T[h]ere” (Index 7) (Returns “h”)

Get characters in (String) between (Start) and (End): Think of a needle, two of them. The needle goes to the left of whatever character is chosen. “H|ello The|re” (Indexes 1 and 9) (Returns “ello The”)

More tips: Negative numbers bring you to the end of the string, going backwards. “|Very Long Strin|g” (Indexes 0 and -1) (Returns “Very Long Strin”)

Even more tips: It’s easier to get the index by thinking it starts at 1 and then subtracting 1.

6 Likes

I think this topic should be closed. It has a solution on it. @Leaders

3 Likes

Great tips. You nailed the needles part.

Best way to remember is to know the needles at index 0 is at the beginning of the string, left of the first character.

Also whatever is inside the two needles is what it grabs.

AExampleS (1 to 8) = A|Example|S = Example

5 Likes

I don’t know but that’s probably correct

4 Likes

Fun fact. Coins in some endless runners give some score bonus. They are also used for upgrades and stuff.

So if anyone wants to make an endless runner game in Hopscotch and you’re not sure what collectibles to add, coins are the best ones to add. That, and special collectibles for special events.

3 Likes

I accidentally made the word food appear 3 times in my levelstring… it must be hungry

4 Likes

Hahahahahahahahaha, lol.

4 Likes

@Crosbyman64 I thought you wanna know. I added notifications

5 Likes

Haha, nice!!

4 Likes

Hey! How’s the coding?

6 Likes

ℂ𝕠𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕖: 𝕎𝕖𝕖𝕜 𝟙

I have a bear :hs_bear: moving on my screen. What are the ways to slow him down without completely stopping him?

Code
1 Bear {
2   When Game is Playing {
3   Move forward (50)
4   }
5 }

1 2 3 4 5 are lines

How to slow :hs_bear: down?
  • Use When Game Starts
  • Decrease the value 50 of line 3
  • Add Wait(0) between line 3 and 4
  • Use :hs_anteater:

0 voters

10 Likes

@Rectangle, i’m extremely sorry for the 2 tags in one day :(( pls check the post above, let’s see how well (or how trash) this idea goes :grin:

14 Likes

@sophia tysm for this post, i saw my project on rising a while ago and i swear i was looking everywhere for the person who nominated it lol, and then realized i could search for the link :person_facepalming:. but honestly it meant a lot to me so tysm again :)
(by doing this i believe i have earned the title for Most Late Response Ever lol)

10 Likes

Yay! what’s my prize? /lh /jk

3 Likes

you have recieved the official title of CLPD rickroller

congrats-wear it with pride

3 Likes

Where’s my badge? /lh /jk

3 Likes