You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

ok I stole politely asked for my mom’s iPad and I’m going to try to start experimenting again soon on hs…
Anyways I had too much caffeine today so ima just pass out on my bed, goodnight.

3 Likes

@Fundardo I made a new update to my version

You can now play again without restarting.

I also removed the word list to make it easier on the filter checking system and team. I did add a few regex tests that will prevent people from doing things like aaaaa, or bghtz

The only checks I did were (must not start with 2 or more of the same letter , 3 if letter a / must not contain more than 2 letter in a row / must contain at least one vowel after constant)

4 Likes

I’m so bad at explaining…

2 of the same letter

I also updated the project so it also accepts words like “EIGHT”

2 Likes

does hopscotch crash for anyone else who tries opening it?

4 Likes

No. I can open it.

4 Likes
2 Likes

What

2 Likes

What’s wrong? The dash ( - ) isn’t actually there

1 Like

x21, x22, etc, was wondering why that happened
Fixed it though and now I’ve gotta get rid of the redundant info

Also this looks cool :arrow_up:

1 Like

Randomly after a few minutes, or INSTANTLY after opening?

3 Likes

Did it!!

2 Likes

@Fundardo

• Fixed an issue where certain letters on the keyboard didn’t colorize when guessing, after tapping “Play Again” or “Try Again”
3 Likes

“Not enough letters”

Dang it, forgot to prevent this…

2 Likes

instantly

it works now, i just got logged out

1 Like

Hmm. Seems the length limiter isn’t working on your end. Well, I can’t fix that. Also, my word check isn’t perfect like Fundardo’s, but I didn’t want to have to wait a year for it to get approved by the filter team.

1 Like

Accidental smiley face (removed checks)

2 Likes

……….what
Figured it out, scenes thing

2 Likes

@Fundardo a QWERTY keyboard would be easy to implement, imo…

The layout is 10, 9, 7 (just counting the letters, and that’s by rows)

Some might want other layouts like AZERTY or QWERTZ. Luckily, you have access to both via iOS keyboard settings. Btw, in QWERTZ, Z and Y are just swapped. And AZERTY looks like this: AZERTYUIOPQSDFGHJKLMWXCVBN

Here are the variables you would need:

Keyboard Layout: QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM //how the letters are placed in QWERTY format
Keyboard Convert: %1023211202131415071617182524080900031104062201200519 //converts ABCDEF to QWERTY. Each 2-digit number corresponds to the clone index.
Letters Colored: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn //default, keeps track of all letters colored, A-Z. Useful for updating the keyboard when changing layouts

n = no value
x = not included
a = in correct spot
b = included in word, but in wrong spot

This makes the implementation as easy as possible. When changing layouts, just update the format and conversion, broadcast a message to update, and it’ll do the rest for you, no object repositioning required.

2 Likes

any guesses as to what the surprise ad comp prize is? :eyes:

9 Likes

i’ve been thinking about it pretty constantly since it was announced lol, my first thought was giving out like a month of the sub or smth but with how much you’ve hyped it up and the general mystery i think it’s something a bit more interesting… haha
i really have no clue lol

8 Likes