You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL] 🏳️‍🌈

That’s cool, I tend to assimilate well so we’ll see.
Anything big you’ve been up to?
I would check my followed page but it’s very…convoluted

6 Likes

one of us one of us one of us
nothing super crazy. i haven’t coded an absolute ton in the past year or so but i’ve been making a rerun this past few weeks. lots of random once off posts about whatever was happening at the time but tbh ate about it. working on a larger project for the ad competition going on right now.

yeahhhh i would expect that lol from a sizable absence lol

6 Likes

Ah nice nice. I was sort of secretly working on a project in my absence but it literally was just me toiling out like 80k characters of text for a string.

6 Likes

yeah i saw the project you posted, that’s insane (in a good way) dude :]
you’re getting up there with Dylan in terms of Massive Pixel Arts™️

6 Likes

I’m also in the running for the
“I’m here, I’m queer, and because of my lazy posture while coding, my back pain is moderate to severe.” Award :tm:

7 Likes

ah lovely lol /lh /sarc
do you have any plans for other projects as of now? if you have some time you should check out this comp, it’s pretty cool lol

6 Likes

I sort of saw that in my peripheral (I absolutely butchered the spelling but autocorrect hath saved me) vision.

I might try to whip something up :eyes: plus it would be good for my business classes I guess

6 Likes

i’ve had some particularly epic spelling blunders recently, so don’t worry you’re not alone lol.

even more reason to participate haha.

5 Likes

Indeed *2
Any other cool things happening HS wise?

5 Likes

hmmmm we’ve gotten a couple small updates, most notably revamped help menus, a fix for that one annoying but where the block menu gets stuck open, some other small fixes, a set background block that works independently of trails so you can change it mid drawing and not reset the entire canvas, and some other things i can’t think of atm. forum is pretty chill, the welcome team expanded, a lot of stuff was recategorized and we now have forum games in community, and a muuuch better bug reports system.

7 Likes

Ooh
I was afraid I’d be overwhelmed when I went to code the pixel art earlier but it sounds like things are pretty similar as to how they were a year ago.
And I finally learned how to use strings and they have become my new best friend

5 Likes

yep, tht is still working on undo/redo and the community gardens thing here, so it’s been pretty slow there but we’ll probably have some cools stuff out later this year i bet.

string are amazing, we love strings :)

6 Likes

Looks awesome! I can’t wait…to go to bed. Thanks for welcoming me back! (although that’s kind of your job no?)
Gn

6 Likes

yeeeahh i’m feeling the time as well.
oh yeah you’re welcome i guess haha.
consider this your official welcome back to the forum! :]
ttyl tho, have a good night!

6 Likes

@Crosbyman64

I remixed an older project so I could use the older player, so I didn’t have to worry about “the bug”.

8 Likes

So, as long as I use player 1.5.x or older, I don’t have to worry about the bug? Very interesting…

5 Likes

Yep, as long as you don’t update to the latest player.

Also, I have noticed that the set background block doesn’t work in this player, which is interesting…

3 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense, as Set Background and the new custom blocks can only be done on player 2.0.x or newer

4 Likes

Awesome Project. I like the new movement functionality (ability to fall up or down as the donut shape). It’s a nice touch.

3 Likes

Can someone tell me like a random food for my game

3 Likes