You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

It happens randomly, or when the post was just deleted. Try refreshing the page.

4 Likes

gotcha thanks:)

15 Likes

It’s been happening a lot more these last few days. It happens when tut shows you haven’t liked a post but you have. You can’t like a post 2 times at once.

3 Likes

really? i wonder why /srs

14 Likes

Yeah, I remember this. Basically what happens is the blocks in that project are in a super old format. For reference, this is the structure of an object’s code in modern JSON:

{
  "objects": [{
   "rules": ["123abc"]
  }],
  "rules": [{
    "id": "123abc",
    "abilityID": "45678"
  }],
  "abilities": [{
    "abilityID": "45678",
    "blocks": [{...}]
  }]
}

Now, projects this old stored blocks directly within objects instead of in their own abilities. This is approximately what those old projects look like:

{
  "objects": [
    "scripts": [{
      "blocks": [{...}]
    }]
  ]
}

And I think the structure of blocks within this was also different, so new versions of Hopscotch can’t identify these blocks correctly, and they default to move forward.

This uses a very old player in-app. It will work on the web, but if you want it to work in the app you need to use the set trail width block because that’s what was used before the draw a trail block was added.

7 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Help with Character Clipping in Platformer Game

@Mathematics2 I found a little bug in 2D world and building testing bug:

If you go partially through the front door and back out, the interior remains visible. This could probably be fixed by comparing the player’s position relative to the world position to the dimensions of the house, and seeing if the player is within those dimensions.

Sort of like this:

abs(player x - house x) < ((player width + self width) / 2) and abs (player y - house y) < ((player height + self height) / 2)

This tests for a generic rectangular collision (this can also test for players that are “inside the house”).

4 Likes

Mine shows I’ve liked it if I click on it too see who all has liked it, the heart just is empty

Smh, the forum needs a Who-ville Christmas

As an old object myself, I can attest to this /hj /lh

6 Likes

yep, think that’s happening for everyone

organize one then :stuck_out_tongue:

yes

4 Likes

Christmas in July :thinking:
I think we had this conversation before, because even Australians deserve a winter Christmas

6 Likes

@sophia, did I win? I got spam likes…

8 Likes

Haha, sorry about that. I’m just going through my following tab and liking everything from the past month or two.

But no, results won’t be out until the end of the month and winners will officially be spamliked

8 Likes

It’s a visual glitch that shows that you haven’t liked the post but you have

4 Likes

You’ve outdone yourself, Awesome_E. It’s an amazing project, and an awesome upgrade.

4 Likes

Not me…yet

2 Likes
3 Likes

the issue with the draw a pen block is it is when self is pressed instead of when my device is pressed.

3 Likes

Hey @FearlessPhoenix, how does the app know it’s my birthday on January the first? From Email?

5 Likes

App or forum?
Or do you mean the date next to your profile picture

3 Likes

Yeah Forum!

3 Likes