You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL] 🏳️‍🌈

you forgot to write “Make A Roblox Type Game”

im going to vote for roblox type of game secret msg between the ‘’ "

2 Likes

I made mine using trails and recursive functions, and it already works very well…

I can add the other stuff that makes up yours, later…

5 Likes

Wow you’re fast. Just be sure to give credit. Its taken me like 1 full week just to get as far as I’ve got on it. Your a great coder.

1 Like

I keep hearing seed block. So I’ve come to the conclusion I should prob ask what it means.

WHAT IS A SEED BLOCK-

4 Likes

Okay, anyone have tips for coding music with advanced mode? I’m not sure if i’m the problem or hopscotch is rly laggy

3 Likes

Here are some guides that might be helpful:

Here is a more advanced but newer method for coding music:

I haven’t coded much music on Hopscotch recently, so there might be newer methods that I don’t know about.

4 Likes

A seed block is what let’s seed developers ask for seeds.

3 Likes

The Request Seeds block is what’s used for in-game purchases on Hopscotch. Only a select few have access to this block. It can also be used to gift seeds to others just by adding the block to someone’s original project and doing the purchase like always.

5 Likes

Fun fact: when the seed block was added I was able to edit the code still because I had a older version from before the seed block and THT didn’t make it so you needed to update the app to play projects made with that version.

1 Like

Here is what my attempt looks like so far… Proof of concept, it doesn’t reflect the final product.

Credit to Mathematics2 for original concept.

I am good at doing multiple touch location checks using only 1 object, though…

@Mathematics2 I’ll still be able to do the clones method. What max (grid size) would you like? (note: large amounts can lead to lag spikes)

4 Likes

again, youve beaten math2 in time /lh

4 Likes

thank you! this is really helpful :)

2 Likes

64 by 64 please as some people may want that. Also I want to try your solver please.

1 Like

That’s 4096 clones, that’s when it gets way too laggy. I won’t be able to add the other stuff that’s required on top of that (not literally, obviously. It means “other than that”).

3 Likes

Oh I see that makes sense. You can deside the max size.

2 Likes

you can draw the map and delete all clones before the solver gets to work - this way it wont be tooooo laggy

3 Likes

Ok. If I go for a large size, I’ll have to add scrolling as well. Each tile = 50x50 (on a 12.9" iPad Pro)

@Tri-Angle, I’m using the clones for the walls, now, instead of trails.

3 Likes

why? youre using when bumps?

3 Likes

No, it’s just for aesthetics. It’s mostly so you can change any tile without having to use advanced code to check a specific touch location.

3 Likes

Here’s what I have so far.

Note this is a BETA version. Your deserved credit will be in the full version, as well as other features such as size and tile customization.

3 Likes