You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

Oh I see. Oh no we’ve been off topic for over 15 minutes! Does this mean this topic is going to close because of me @PM_Studios and @FearlessPhoenix?
@Tri-Angle i think your right and your project is to complex for me lol

4 Likes

topic wont close unless the offtopicness significantly continues for a while

3 Likes

Oh no sorry :disappointed:

3 Likes

okay dokay!

2 Likes

So are you coding anything? You know I made my word search generator when I was about 10 years old so you shouldn’t think less of you coding skills because your young @PM_Studios. @Awesome_E can you please check when I first existed the draft?

1 Like

they.

my pronouns are also in my bio twice and weve had a chat about this :)))

2 Likes

Sorry I forgot. I don’t have a good memory.

1 Like

then check or ask

2 Likes

I meant I forgot that rule.

1 Like

if it helps, think of it as basic human decency and not a rule, because thats what our common-sense rules are lol

2 Likes

Thanks so nice…

2 Likes

@Spy_Guy_96 I made my platform either solid or intangible, but not in the way you normally do it with the set Collision_Type to 1 or 0 and whatnot.

This isn’t the best example. A better example would be to switch from it being treated as a solid to something that is treated as a semi-solid (which, ironically, can also be done by switching to a different collision type). I just like combining things.

1 Like

In fact, I did just that.

Took me a while to get it working, though…

If not for that bug, I would’ve been able to combine solid and semi-solid collisions in just 1 block instead of 3 (x collision, y solid collision, y semi-solid collision)

2 Likes

I want to rework the system, but haven’t set aside time to do that (would be quite a huge change). So for the time being, I’m not doing any multiplayer sessions.

Text encoding? Probably UTF8 but I would need to check again

for what project?

2 Likes

I could, in theory, combine many collisions in just two blocks by using just these extra variables

isSolid - determines if the object is solid on all sides
notIntangible - determines if the object is solid at all
checkPlayerOffset - used for semi-solids (is equal to 0 for solids)
CollisionOffset - used for semi-solids (is equal to 0 for solids)
TrampolineForce - how far up the player is lifted upon collision
isHazard - treats the area of collision as a hazard
isGoal - treats the area of collision as a goal

I know these are a bit excessive and utterly unnecessary, but what would you rather have: 7 extra variables, or 7 rules (depending on how many collision types you have)?

3 Likes

I’m back… I’m going to code again soon

4 Likes

yay! i hope to see some new games in your profile

5 Likes

For my word search generator. @Awesome_E

2 Likes

i havent send you my code yet lol

5 Likes

Oh right hahaha.

3 Likes