this is only a guess, is your save battery mode on?
yep, didn’t even know it was.
Let me try turning it off
edit: OH MY GOODNESS YOU GENIUS YOU FOUND THE CULPRIT
and it should be 60fps now once you turned it off :))
I’m making a topic immediately (but will search first)
okay, but i think it’s not a tht bug - i think it’s because of how apple work but i might be wrong
It seems to have been mentioned here
But the description is a bit different, the project does not run twice as fast (or does it?)
Oh wait that’s turning it on while it’s running
Runs at 60
It seems the 30 fps is because of low power mode (thanks Tri-angle).
Not sure if this is a bug (probably not)
I made some changes to Ice Physics
- Player will now move at the same speed as normal physics (8, was 10)
- Player’s X speed is now boosted when jumping with ice physics enabled, and reset upon landing (boosted speed = 11). This is something I’ve seen in other video games with the same function(s)
- Added Jump button (triangle)
- Relocated the right movement control to next to the left movement control
- Rearranged all objects to ensure all controls work as intended
It’s not a bug. When Low Power Mode is enabled, the FPS is automatically limited to 30 FPS in order to preserve battery life.
@TheCMStudios I noticed some images are missing in your Space Rockets project when I was playing it on my iPad. Namely the one shown in the introduction, and the first 3 items in the shop, which all show as H symbols for me.
Fearless on april 14th: o7
I updated this project
- Added “Sticky” Physics
- Added descriptors for all physic types
- Added small tutorial for how to select physic types
- lowered player y level to 384 from 512 (device height = 1024 on my iPad)
I wonder if it’s possible to make a “magnetic mode” where the player is still able to jump but can be pulled in a certain direction if there are magnet blocks
This could also be useful in platformers where the player could have the objective to do upside-down parkour which would be epic
Is it really your iPhone account?
Yep, it is his iPhone account.
That would be cool, but it probably wouldn’t make any sense. For magnetism to work, the player would literally have to be magnetic themselves, which would then make them look like a robot of sorts, or a being with a magnetic body. My future platformer might have some gravity manipulation somewhere. It’ll be my most ambitious project yet.
@Awesome_E I just made a side by side comparison video of both our Minesweeper Projects, and calculated (accurate to the tenths place) how long they both take to fully generate from project start.
- Credit to Awesome_E for the original Minesweeper Project, which is in the top half. My version is in the bottom half. Both were created using only one object.
I’m preparing for a celebration
So am I, but for two reasons
I read 199,113 / 200,000 posts total so far (this isn’t accurate, as this number probably hasn’t updated in a bit)…
If you are on desktop, you can hover over the number via the computer mouse to see the full number.
Note: it will display as 100K for you once the number goes over 99,949
I’m gonna make myself a draft to prepare myself for when the time comes.