You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

hi ttruong!! it’s really nice to see you again :)

how’ve you been?

2 Likes

lol

6 Likes

@Fundardo
You should make the keyboard on FunWord QWERTY layout

2 Likes

Why is this womping my project?

3 Likes

There’s a bug regarding custom images.

4 Likes

@aadenboy currently an issue with the new hs and player update it seems

5 Likes

That’s good to know.

2 Likes

ye, hopefully it’ll be fixed sometime soonish, they’ve reproduced it so it wouldn’t surprise me if it gets fixed pretty quickly

3 Likes

Yeah it’s an issue with the update :hs_robo: everyone’s experiencing it I think.

4 Likes

@Rapterdragon_83 Are you gonna release your Among Us project yet? I have been waiting quite a bit and can’t wait to play it on Hopscotch

1 Like

Added the ability to draw a perfect star, with 5 to 15 points

3 Likes

Hm, I guess that’s doable, thx for the suggestion.
What other keyboards would you guys like (as an option in settings)
That might take a bit of time tho, we’ll see. I’ve kind of got stuff going on rn

4 Likes

There are three options for keyboard layouts on iOS

This is how they’re laid out.

QWERTY:

QWERTYUIOP
ASDFGHJKL
ZXCVBNM

AZERTY:

AZERTYUIOP
QSDFGHJKLM
WXCVBN

QWERTZ (Y is swapped with Z):

QWERTZUIOP
ASDFGHJKL
YXCVBNM

4 Likes

hello! I’ve been alright. i havent had the chance to code that much this week :sweat_smile:

how’ve you been? coding anything?

4 Likes

i’ve been good thanks
not really coding anything atm, but i’m slowly progressing on a few projects

yes

5 Likes

I will release another WIP soon but unfortunately my sub expires soon so I’m probably not going to finish but I’ll see what I can do.

2 Likes

@Awesome_E two questions
It’s there a easy was to do a generate random number excluding certain numbers?
Two can you send a message in a message block. So like of I receive a message of “hi” can I send “hi” back when I’m in the receive message?
(Im attempting to make a sudoku.)

2 Likes

@sophia your nose is required

4 Likes

Perhaps in the future, I’ll make more platformers like Spy Guy 96. Given that I can come up with interesting themes and names for each one. I have a few ideas up my sleeve

1. Character Swap points - having more than one character can encourage players to use teamwork to solve a particular puzzle, especially if they have their own set of unique abilities they can use to progress.
  2. Collectibles - stuff like coins or gems, which can give a reason to stick around in a level.
  3. Extras - could be smth like rare collectibles that you can collect to earn something special, like a new skin for example, or even bonus content.
  4. Cheat Codes - I know cheating is bad, but if your levels have anything that can, for example, slow the player down, you can include cheat codes that could help out the player in any way. You could even display the codes if the player has mastered a very hard challenge, or collected all items in the game, as an example.
3 Likes

If you’re comfortable with while loops using abilities, you can:

1. generate the random number
  2. check if it matches any excluded numbers: if ((VALUE) matches ^(12|14|15|17)$) then re-prompt and check.

If you have few numbers to exclude, you can also do something like this, where you want 1-10 excluding 5:

1. generate random 1 to 9.
  2. If value > 4 then increase value by one

(you can see how the first is more optimal though)

I’d recommend using object name or clone or something to identify the object before “hi”.

maybe consider using clones to interpret a global string or something (arrays should be in Hopscotch moment #3) and adding values that way instead of passing messages if that’s what you’re doing.

5 Likes