You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

this works to my knowledge (i set the position of all right squares to 768 minus the corresponding row on the opposite side, if that makes sense)
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/1284eojae4

just a visual thing at the top of the screen, let me know if you want me to fix it (lol sorry im being really lazy)

5 Likes

I wish it was fear’s second anniversary

6 Likes

Oh wow that’s really interesting — so the clones just check the level data for if a tile is solid or not?

6 Likes

Alright thanks for the seeds.

5 Likes

To my knowledge, the collision data is set at the start as a string of numbers with a letter at the beginning. The collision the clones use are set from the tiles collision data, based on where the clone currently is in terms of tile index. i.e., tile x=2, y=3 in a 8x8 grid has a tile index of 26

There are multiple types of collisions: solid, semi-solid, intangible, and hazard (and these are just the basic collisions)

a collision of 1 is most commonly solid. 0 means no collision.

5 Likes

Me neither haha, I’ve been using hs for over a year now and still don’t understand most stuff-

6 Likes

@Awesome_E I saw your logarithm project… what’s a logarithm?

4 Likes

definition of logarithm:

“a quantity representing the power to which a fixed number (the base) must be raised to produce a given number.” ~ Google

4 Likes

^^ that

but basically it’s the inverse of the power function. You can use a logarithm to find the exponent which a number has to be raised to in order to produce the original input.

Might sound confusing, but take 3^x = 9 as an example. You would find x from this by doing log_{3}9 because 3 is the base and 9 is the argument. log_{3}9 = 2 (log base 3 of 9 equals 2), so x = 2

6 Likes

It makes me wonder why Hopscotch doesn’t natively have logarithm (log) or natural log (ln) yet…

You can never have too many mathematical operators! The more the better (and the more convenient).

5 Likes

Even though I made it, I’d still like to see it in Hopscotch too!

… because, although my implementation works, there’s an accuracy limitation of 5 decimals (doing a power afterwards to invert it would reveal that pretty quickly). Plus, for convenience.

7 Likes

Ehhh
I lost reg :<
Will try get it back :>

5 Likes

Tuesday, 22/2/22…

(@JonnyGamer would approve)

9 Likes

Hi. :crazy_face: :kaaba: , i’m taco fries 88. It’s been a long time.

7 Likes

happy twosday yall

16 Likes

Happy twosday, and happy anniversary to you!

Hopefully I’ll have most of your project done by the end of this class period :eyes:

7 Likes

User variables or the old painful system of save codes

Happy twosday

4 Likes

i closed it
it’s spamton anyway so it might be easy
it’s not spamton neo

1 Like

it doesn’t show for some reason on the cakeday thing

2 Likes

pay attention in class smh, you dont need to make me anything
ty tho