You Can Talk About Hopscotch Here; Topic 29 [OFFICIAL]

There is also a admin called @amtaylor28

1 Like

I really appreciate the new music features in advanced mode (or maybe they’re in normal mode too now idk). I also don’t know how new they are as it’s very likely I just didn’t notice them for a couple months, but yeah I really enjoy the wider variety of notes, note lengths, and instruments. Coding music has been one of my favorite things to code within the hopscotch app for a long time now, though most of my projects including music have unfortunately gotten filtered

3 Likes

They are pretty awesome! They’re only in advanced mode though

1 Like

I can’t wait until the sharing packaged code update comes out lol.

@Tabitha, I decided to make a pixel art of your pfp! Do you like it?

3 Likes

Please help with my project here

2 Likes

No one’s sick of your questions! Asking for help and learning together is the whole point of the Hopscotch Forum - you’re trying to learn which isn’t something to be ashamed of.  everyone goes at their own pace, so don’t worry about not understanding something. Asking is the way to go :))

there are plenty of amazing coders on here with years of experience that are more than willing to help with any problems you have! You’re doing great - and I’m sure plenty of the users here would agree :hs_parrot:

7 Likes

Thank you! It’s really encouraging to hear that :blush:

6 Likes

Np :)

Everyone is thinking more about what people think of them then what they think of you - it’s human nature. Of course you should be careful with what you say and do, but asking about code is in no way a problem - especially on a forum meant for it!

7 Likes

Well the main reason why most people force you to tap the restart button is because they don’t know how to prevent glitches from happening any other way.

When Game Starts always runs when scenes start, even if that scene already started before. So it’s best to use a variable or check once if total clones = 1 (if using clones) to prevent catastrophic glitches in your game. I do this in all my games because I know that people don’t want to have to tap the restart button, and have to go through all of that again.

5 Likes

I don’t think the “Game starts” block is the issue. What do you mean by “go through all of that again”? It would take you to the same scene and skip all of the menus just like a retry button. Also could you please check out my debug my code topic?

2 Likes

This is cool: Metallica guitar riff by Hamburger chicken

Actual guitar notes among other different instruments. Don’t know if I missed something :neutral_face:

2 Likes

if you are using scene, yes “when game starts” can crash your game in a lot of cases

1 Like

It’s not crashing my game though, is it for you?

1 Like

it’s crashing for most of people not knowing the issue happening with “when game starts” + “change scene to {}”. if you put “create a clone of this object” inside a not secure “when game starts” container, the more the scene will be run, the more clones there will be created, and the more likely the game will crash/white screen

you’ll first have 1 clone, then 2, then 4, then 8, then 16, then 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096

and 4096 is the maximum number of clones hopscotch allows

2 Likes

Oh ok, I have clones deleting though when they get too high

2 Likes

how do you format date+month+year in the us?

(talking to anyone seeing this post)

5 Likes

In the U.S we format it using MM,DD,YY

5 Likes

okay, tysm! it’s for a counter lol

4 Likes

we’re weird:p

5 Likes