You can help make Hopscotch better!

@Ref @koletsgo we ask because that’s a question people ask us all the time: is Hopscotch used by girls too?
In general, people are worried that girls don’t like coding or that coding isn’t friendly for girls. We think Hopscotch is friendly for girls, but since we don’t usually collect gender we can’t know for sure.

13 Likes

You are a girl, and you made hopscotch, how come hopscotch is not friendly for girls :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Oh, that makes a lot more sense :slightly_smiling_face:. Of course hopscotch is friendly for girls! Hopscotch is awesome for all kinds of genders, we all are capable of great things.

3 Likes

that’s what i thought, thanks

never really thought about that, tbh i’ve seen a bunch of girls use HS, especially at my school where they use it on a reg. basis. but i do think that maybe boys are encouraged to code or program a little more than girls are for who knows why.
really, i think both genders are on HS equally (at least through what i have seen) but it’s great that you guys want to make Hopscotch friendly to both demographics. :clap::clap: 10/10 to y’all

4 Likes

That’s cool

3 Likes

yeah :))

2 Likes

Hey, this is a really great idea! :)) I’ve read through the questions and they all seem very good- the only changes I would suggest would be to use parent/guardian each time parent is mentioned.

4 Likes

Yeah I always feel a little weird about that

Like does it matter really?

3 Likes

I have 2 female friends who use the app irl

Wait actually only one is female, nvm

4 Likes

Upon reading a bit more, I get it more

3 Likes

Yea me too. There is a reason behind it though, but still

3 Likes

Yeah there is a reason.

And as you said, but still

3 Likes
  • Were there any additional questions that you think we should ask?
    How often do you use Hopscotch? Do you have a forum account too?
  • Were there any questions on the survey that you think we should not ask?
    not really
  • Were there any questions that should be worded differently?
    Not really in my opinion
  • Were there answer choices that should be worded differently?
    Not really in my opinion
  • Were there answer choices that should be removed?
    Not really in my opinion
  • Were there any answer choices that you think we should add?
    Not really in my opinion, except a “prefer not to answer” option for gender (like Rodrik834 said) and age
7 Likes

I think this was a great serve! Thanks for getting our input on hopscotch

6 Likes
5 Likes

More or less a good quiz :+1:

4 Likes

I just looked over the questions again, and I don’t think they should be changed! “Ignore” what I said above.

4 Likes

I think it’s fine, but on my iPad I couldn’t answer the text fields.

5 Likes

Is it okay if I join this?

10 Likes

Hey there, welcome to the community! Feel free to tell us about yourself here. Go here to see the guidelines. And this is a guide to help you out. If you need any help, you can tag me as @tehgreatdoge

6 Likes