Writing a Story– Please don't look if you aren't part of the collab! #waffywasherexp

hopscotch_story
story_collab

THIS COLLAB IS FULL!

We'll be writing on this topic. Preferably don't come on unless you're a part of the collab, but I can't stop you if you really want to.

So basically, I had an idea for a story I mentioned on the "Imagination is cool, use it here" topic.

It'd be a story about the HS writers here on the forum, and they get sucked into/have to live through their stories! (Or something along those lines we'll have to talk about turning that plot into a real idea.)

I'm accepting around 5-7 writers (as you can see there's some wiggle room) and a few editors.

Writers would:
  • Write chapters in the story
  • Be a main character
  • Help with the plot
  • Give feedback on others' writing
  • Should be more active
Editors would:
  • Give feedback
  • Be a supporting character
  • Offer help with the plot
  • Give even more positive feedback and constructive critism and offer ideas and just help overall
  • Might occasionally get to write if the situation arises/they really want to
  • Could be less active

Already in:
@Dude73
@CreativeCoder
@t7lks
@OnceUponATime
@Sensei_Coder
@Waffle_Draws
@BellaWafflez17
If I tagged you, please reply if you'd rather write or edit!
If writer, please also give the name of the HS story you're most proud of writing, and the link. (It can be a collab, by the way, just say who you wrote it with.)
(Though you might not get to be a writer if many people fill out forms, sorry...)

If I didn't tag you, fill out the form! (Please be honest!)
Position:
Why do you want to join?
If you want to be a writer, are you writing or have you already written a HS story?
If yes, what's it called? Please post a link to either the first chapter or the whole story (depending on how long it is):
How active would you be, on a scale from 1-10?
If I gave you something to write/edit, would you do it, or would you procrastinate forever and a day?
Anything else you feel you should mention?

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, post below! :D

ALSO, I am NOT taking character requests at this point. If I ever need characters, I'll ask. Please don't ask to be a writer/editor just because you want to be a character.

The official list:

Writers

@Sensei_Coder
@BellaWafflez17
@CreativeCoder
@Dude73
@Gilbert189
@t7lks
@Waffle_Draws
@treefrogstudios

Editors

@Intellection74
@KVJ
@MudFlowerCat
@Pingu
@GysvANDRegulus
@Bananadog
@Hoppertoscotch
@OnceUponATime

First like and reply!
hoi!!!

I'll write :)

This is awesome!

You know BR. Need a link? XD

Um... I would be fine doing either! It really depends where you want to put me x3
I know I said I'd rather before but I changed my mind .H.
I'd rather be devisive then indecisive
^^^ smol Hamilton quote

Cool topic, nice idea!! :D

Can't wait to see it finished :DD

I wish I could join but I can't really write anything good so I'll just uhh leave now cya XD

OKay done :33333

Position: Editor
Why do you want to join? I enjoy reading and giving feedback on writing. I'm a writer myself (I've gotten one of my short stories published in a kids anthology and have been to two writing summer camps), but
I can never think of any ideas. To me, that is a huge weakness in writing, so I usually stick with editing.
How active would you be, on a scale from 1-10? Probably a 7, 8, or 9 depending on my schedule that day.
If I gave you something to write/edit, would you do it, or would you procrastinate forever and a day? I would do it very quickly. I only procrastinate if I know there isn't a due date or it isn't exceedingly important.
Anything else you feel you should mention? Here's a writing example if you need one I guess. XD I don't think you've seen my writing before:

My brain was slowly melting and my legs felt like gelatin...

My brain was slowly melting and my legs felt like gelatin. I wanted to run, but I couldn't make myself move. The dark figure was closing in on me slowly. It seemed like time was playing tricks on me. I could feel cold sweat forming on my brow. The hall was silent but I could hear voices screaming inside my head to move.

"I haven't seen you years, little Grace. Why don't we... Catch up. Don't worry... I won't bite." The figure said. Her voice was smooth like melting chocolate. It sounded sweet, but I knew there was bitterness hiding somewhere. I didn't know what she meant. I had never seen this person in my life.

"Oh, I see. Your parents never told you? Foolish of them. They could've had it all- riches, fame, happiness, but..." She saw my eyes get as wide as Oreos. She laughed slyly, and continued, "Well, child, your parents didn't want you getting hurt. This time... This time, I am going to win. You don't realize how valuable you are, do you?" My breathing got heavier. I should've sprinted away from her, but a gut feeling just wouldn't let me. Me? Valuable? I had never even been more than rock according to my peers. I closed my eyes trying to think of something, anything, that could label me as valuable. I heard a deafening crash, and my eyes snapped open. The woman was gone.

Sorry it's not very good. XD I can't write on the spot very well.

@Caramel_Puffin :)

Position: Editor
Why do you want to join? bc why not and I haven't written anything in a writing collab for over 4 months lol
If you want to be a writer, are you writing or have you already written a HS story? N/A
If yes, what's it called? Please post a link to either the first chapter or the whole story (depending on how long it is): N/A
How active would you be, on a scale from 1-10? 5-7, like the hours I sleep
If I gave you something to write/edit, would you do it, or would you procrastinate forever and a day? I'd do it, since it's just editing :P
Anything else you feel you should mention? I've edited a lot of HS stories

Also w0ah i'm in the great writers list :00000

:D

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

everyone wants to b an editor lol

lol

@Caramel_Puffin GREAT IDEA OMG 100/10

Yay, hai Disky!

Thank you! :D

Hmm, BR, doesn't ring a bell... XD
For anyone who doesn't know I'm kidding, I'm kidding. XD

@OnceUponATime, where I put you will really depend on how many other people sign up, and as what!
(But know whatever happens you can choose either one if you have a preference!)

Thanks @Maltese! :D

And thank you, @MudFlowerCat, @Intellection74, @GysvANDRegulus, @Pingu, and @KVJ!
Since you were the first to reply, you're almost definitely in. :D

And thanks, Pingy, for the compliment!

;O;

THANK YOU SO MUCHSKFGUA
;o;

I guess I'll be a writer (ಠ‿ಠ✿)
Lot's of people have signed up for editor already, and I don't want to crowd the position :3

Yeah, no problem I guess :)

It's a really really nice idea :D

Position: Writer!
Why do you want to join? It's a super creative idea, and I would love to help write with awesome writers like you!
If you want to be a writer, are you writing or have you already written a HS story? Yeah, I started one, and I'm writing another.
If yes, what's it called? Please post a link to either the first chapter or the whole story (depending on how long it is): Just the prologue so far, and you saw it, but "Taken".
How active would you be, on a scale from 1-10? Probably an 8 or 9.
If I gave you something to write/edit, would you do it, or would you procrastinate forever and a day? I'd try to do it as soon as possible.
Anything else you feel you should mention? Thanks for inviting me! I'm glad that you think of me as a great writer. :slight_smile:

Another writer, phew XD

Thank you! (Both for the compliment and for the fact you wanted to join!) :D

Also, anyone who's interested, I'll probably close this once everyone I originally tagged replies, and then I'll come out with the list of writers and editors.

@Intellection74, that was really good!
So many dessert references XD
Your dialogue is intriguing, as is the rest of it! :D

Why do you want to join? I love to write, and this sounds AWESOME
If you want to be a writer, are you writing or have you already written a HS story? I'm in the middle of writing a story, but I've also written this other HS story.
If yes, what's it called? Please post a link to either the first chapter or the whole story (depending on how long it is): Well uh here's the link to the story (Kinda long but not really, about 12 small chapters.. Hacker Smackers Book 1 and here's book 2 Hacker Smackers Book 2
How active would you be, on a scale from 1-10? 5-7
If I gave you something to write/edit, would you do it, or would you procrastinate forever and a day? It would take me from one day to one week to do if you keep bothering me about it...so just bother me about it and I'll get it done.
Anything else you feel you should mention? Book 3 of my story I used is also in progress so yeah.. Also I'm in love with writing and I REALLY wanna write.
Okay bye

@Caramel_Puffin

Umm.. She probably had a reason for closing it! Maybe you could reword that post so it's a bit nicer? :3