Write a story! 📖 Story coding competition. ✏

collabs
contest
coding
writing
competition

I was staring at my screen and decided this contest would appeal to a lot of people (Well, I guess I got the idea while watching YouTube, but hey, I was staring at my computer then too…).

What’s the main idea?

This contest will be broken up into two stages, the writing stage, and the coding stage. In the writing stage, people write their stories and submit them. In the coding stage, people code a project related to the winning writing assignment.

In simple form:

• Some people write stories and submit them
  • Some people try to code something related to the winning story.

How to join.

There are no sign up forms unless you want to enter your own collab. Right now is story time. Just submit your story must be an original story. I will check to make sure it is original.

Anyone can join. Also, you can still join the coding part if you don’t want to do the story part.

Collabs

We try to make it super easy for you to enter collabs into this contest. We just need to know if you are entering a collab and who are all in your collab. The reason for this is because we want to work out prizes for the whole collab.

How to enter a collab:

Simply make a post telling us the name of your collab and the people in your collab.

Collab resources:

You can write your story for your collab by putting something on global edit on the forum, or you can use iCloud notes collaboration, or you can use google docs with it’s collaboration feature.

Submission deadline.

This date will be updated when the coding stage starts

Writing submission deadline:
February 14, 2018

Judging

The community will judge whatever project they think is best

Summary.

This contest will be broken up into two stages, the writing stage, and the coding stage. In the writing stage, people write their stories and submit them. In the coding stage, people code a project related to the winning writing assignment. There is no entry form unless you are doing a collab. Which means you can just submit your stories and/or projects with a hassle of signing up. The writing assignment shall be judged by the community.

Tagging people

What tag list is best to tag?

A few people who might enjoy this are: @sophia71205 @Gobli09 @Panthera @HopscotchRemixer @AHappyCoder @MR.GAM3R @Stal98

This contest is Expresso machine approved

Sounds like fun, I’d love to do the coding part! (^-^)

@lollypopcorn Alright! I think you are a good writer as well. You can do that too.

I like writing, but I get this really uncomfortable feeling sharing my stories with other people so I think I’d rather just code :)

Ooh, the writing part sounds fun! I think I’m going to do the writing ;3

Do the stories have to be a certain theme, or can it be anything?

Good! We need good writers like yourself.

I’ll join the writing part
I may not be able to if I’m to busy, but I will try.
How long does it have to be?
And is there a theme?

I am still thinking about how long. You will at least get three weeks.

Ima submit i writing i made

Sounds kewl

Hmm should i like from watpad or shuld i just copy and paste? I have some preaty badstuff on my watpad

Please consider putting a writing in.

Okay i’ll try to write something not-dark

Cool! I may join, but probably not…

Please join. We would really appreciate it.

I’ll try, but I have to do a writing competition try out by friday

@Sensei_Coder @Autumn_Leaves @PartTimeFemale @Panthera @DogWithAPen The writings are due on February 14, 2018

Okay thanks! I’ll think about it

Hmmm seems interesting.,I may do something

I would like to do the coding part