Wow... this update is so different!

Well, I suppose the topic’s name says it all
The new hopscotch update is SO different!

Differences :

• THT switched the places of the main menu button and the personal section

• The personal section, where your drafts and published are, has had an entire new makeover!

• When you click the create button this shows up :

Wow! These are cool changes!

tag list

@BB-Box
@Artistic_cat
@Allyb
@ArtyAnimal
@AvocadoDont
@AwesomeNachos
@BaconStudios
@BellaWafflez17
@BerryFOX
@BlastFusion
@bluedogmc-official
@BubblegumCupcakeMix
@ButterBark
@Candycane
@CatWithABrush
@ChocolateFox
@CodePerfect
@codingkit
@ColourfulBlack
@ConnellCoder
@CreationsOfaNoob
@cupcakemaniac1
@Cutedolphin
@DiamondDragon
@diss_track_queen
@anon10858172
@Dylan329
@Ella_13
@EmojiArts
@EmojisRUs
@Explorer_
@FascinatingTreehouse
@FluffyMarshmellow
@FoodDelivery
@FunkyGoldfish
@GiraffeProductions
@GLaDOS_On_Da_Forum
@Goku
@Goobrgrlrye
@happy12345678910
@HappyPerson
@Himynameismeredith1
@IKeudin
@Jess888
@JojoDude
@KawaiiRose
@Kitkat26
@KittyShip
@KoolM123
@KVJ
@LavenderArts
@lollypopcorn
@Mei-The-Riolu
@MiiR_legend
@MiNi
@minioncandy
@Mothwolf
@MudFlowerCat
@Murphy1
@NeoPixel
@Petrichor
@Paige1212
@Paydent12
@PerfectPanda24
@PianoGorilla2006
@Potter_Head
@PumpkinGirl
@Puppylulu
@PurpleStorybook
@Rainboom
@RubyStars
@ScarySweetheart
@Sensei_Coder
@Silverdolphin
@SnowGirl_Studios
@StarryDream
@Steelhooves
@StRiKe_Charler123
@Sugarisyummy
@TheDrawer
@Themasterofairjitzu
@treefrogstudios
@TrevCoding
@Valgo
@ValueGamesStudio
@Vortex.inc
@waddlemarco
@WasIdealessHere
@weathercats
@William04GamerA
@Yellow_Mellow
@YuxinaYammy
@Zachyswag

37 Likes

Is there a way to change back to the old hopscotch update?

3 Likes

I don't think there is?
I'd advise looking at the new update before updating :hugging:

3 Likes

My iPad is disabled ._.

1 Like

Do you mean unable to use or updates automatically?

1 Like

I cant use it so...

I might be able to use it today

2 Likes

My updated by itself

2 Likes

Mine did too :disappointed_relieved: Still it'll just take a bit of getting used to the new layout :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Remix something. :smirk:

3 Likes

I got it on my phone automatically and I liked it so I updated the iPad to it. It's so awesome!

3 Likes

I think there rly cool

2 Likes

Cool update :tada:

4 Likes

I'm glad you liked them. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It's a totally cool update!!

3 Likes

@Rodrigo Nice update.

But how about fixing some of the existing bugs & giving existing users new functionality?

Hopscotch projects could be so much more amazing if you'd implement unique clone variables. Or perhaps just add a few generic properties that could store data in clones.

Bugs like Set Color changing size & the Last Touch momentary jitter are really annoying. The latter prevents decent replication of apps that swipe for input (beyond left/right or up/down). Ie, Example

4 Likes

Hi @ThinBuffalo, I'm glad you liked the update.

Regarding adding new functionality to existing users in general, and the more specific changes you suggest, we're definitely aware of that :confused: But as we've stated many times, we're a very small team.

All the changes you suggest are on our plan, but we don't know exactly the order or how much they will take us.

Do you think these specific improvements are the ones that you want more? Do you think this works for a mid-user or for advanced users?

4 Likes

Ikr?

I love the new update already!

3 Likes

I like it, but still tap my profile when I want to check Following xD

2 Likes

@Rodrigo
Very glad to hear these items are on your radar. I definitely understand about being a small team & the need to prioritize efforts.

Unequivocally, the change I’d like to see the most would be unique variables for clones (or at least some additional generic properties and an Index property). I believe this would be of value to all levels of users.

Clones are very confusing to new users & younger hops. In particular I believe it’s because of the difficulty in referencing a specific clone. The process of indexing a variable during clone creation, storing that index in an unrelated property, and conditionally referencing that unrelated property obfuscates the effective use of clones.

If Clones had an Index property that was automatically populated during creation, I think basic users would be able to actually use clones. Unique clone variables (eg, that could named “Index”) would be a decent substitute for the Index property.

Additionally, for more advanced users, those unique clone properties could be put to great affect to show off Hopscotch as a coding platform.

I’ll give an example of an advanced usage. You may have seen this project:

I couldn’t use clones due to lack of unique variables. I had to create a new set of variables (Xn,Yn,Zn) for each vertex. And each object had to have the code edited to refer to the right set of variables. In theory this doesn’t limit the app’s capabilities, but in practice it definitely does due to the additional amount of time it takes (the long equations are very laggy to work on in the coding GUI). I had in mind to make a 3D working Rubix Cube (with “shaded” surfaces). But the level of effort would be too great without unique clone properties. 3D perspective graphics (not 2.5D object stacking) are also possible but too time consuming without unique clone variables/properties.

10 Likes

I'm gonna save this suggestion to 1) read it properly with more calm and 2) share it with the developers. :slight_smile:

7 Likes