Would you rather...?

might have to agree with sophia on this one

you see, I don’t stand in line nearly as much as I wait for green lights. the longest line I have to deal with is when waiting for a green light (I assume my point has been revealed) this may all change when I’m older, but for now it’s pretty tolerable. also red lights irritate me - like a lot.

ps
i cannot drive

7 Likes

i chose never have to stand in line again. though im still too young to drive, traffic never really bothers me, unless im late to go somewhere. it would probably be annoying for the driver, but i would still rather not have to stand in line ever again because of how long my school lunch lines are.

3 Likes

Right now I would say line however this may change because I will have to start learning to drive later on this year. So I may change my mind later on this year.

3 Likes

This is really just because lines can go for so much longer. Like sure, it would be nice if lights also wouldn’t turn red on me and then I miss some cycles, but it’s nothing compared to hour+-long waits in lines

4 Likes

Wait would traffic count as a line? That way you technically kill two birds with the one stone if you go for the “no lines” option…

4 Likes

as long as you’re alone on the road, there’s no line

not sure if i understand your question tho

3 Likes

Like wouldn’t a traffic jam (where there is a big queue of cars in front of you- what would you call it?) count as like a line? …Therefore choosing the second option would mean that the traffic lights would be no problem, since they would take no more than 30 seconds to change.
wait- if there are people behind you, that means that technically, you are still standing in a line… meaning that the only way you can NOT stand in a line is if you get whatever you want immediately… so if you are waiting for the line to turn green and there are cars behind you, you are standing in a line…
I am sorry, I am overthinking this wayy too much!

3 Likes

@Tri-Angle is confused

3 Likes

@WYR - belated but here it is!!

Would you rather…
  • host a big competition!
  • win a big competition!

0 voters

and who’s done either or both??

10 Likes

Winning is rewarding. The best I got was 3rd place for the Emoji Trail Art comp (wow, that’s a long time ago).

5 Likes

Depends on the prizes

5 Likes

I like winning lol

5 Likes

BUT! What if you have to pay the host to get in to the contest :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: then, if you were the host, you could get some money :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I won #HHC19 with Escape HSHQ, and I’ve hosted a couple hackathons outside of Hopscotch. Hosting was a lot more work, but it’s also really rewarding to see people get excited about doing well and having fun in your event. Either way, I’m proud of myself for having been able to do both.

I highly recommend trying to host a competition inside or outside of Hopscotch and/or making a massive project to win one. It’s lots of work either way and you learn a lot in the process.

8 Likes

What’s a hackathon?

7 Likes

a marathon of hackers? irdk lol

8 Likes

A hackathon is a programming competition, usually between 24 and 48 hours, where you come up with an idea and build as much of it as you can in that time.

8 Likes

oh, so a game jam?

6 Likes

Yeah, pretty much. But it’s open to any type of program/application/service.

7 Likes

I came second place in this years st Patrick’s Day competition.

4 Likes