Worldwide Variables

Think someone made a topic about this too but eh

Yeah id like to see global variables, sorta like user variables but itll be the same for everyone
(ex: timmy increased a global variable by 54, and the global variable for everyone is now 54)

If im right, we could add multiplayer using this or something

lol im bad at explaining

15 Likes

It’s a good idea but maybe sbyp – there alrady tons of topics about global and cloud variables, and THT is most likely already working on this cuz of the recent introduction of user variables

10 Likes

Yes but this could become confusing for variables with the same name

5 Likes

Um I think global variables for one project only?

7 Likes

Nice
But this may end up in chatting tho…

6 Likes

Maybe hey could be like images: THT has to approve global variable games to make sure that the use of the variables is ok

6 Likes

This doesn’t really make sense. Global variables are just variables shared by all functions (or objects). HS already has that. To store a variable between plays, you need to send the variable to a server, and when you want the variable again, you request it from the server again (or you could save it as a file on your device, but I don’t think HS does that).

2 Likes

Global variables can be used anywhere. Local variables are the ones exclusive to the project they were created in…

4 Likes

Oh ok then. Hm ok

3 Likes

my explanation is so bad that it confused people

let me try again
Global Variables are not variables that can be used by every object, no
I meant that global variables are variables that change for everyone (every user), if you know what i mean

If a player changes a GV, the GV in every user playing the project will also change

5 Likes

I understand that, but maybe come up with a better name?
A global variable is a variable shared between functions and objects. HS has this already.

2 Likes

Mk
Uh
Worldwide Variables?
@Leaders can you change the topic name to that^^

4 Likes

Shall I do that for you?

2 Likes

Sure ig

1 Like

There you are!

2 Likes

Aye thanks

2 Likes

Uh, I guess that works? I probably would’ve called it inter-process variables. But you do you, it really doesn’t matter and if THT decides to implement it, they’ll choose the name.

3 Likes

But you’re not a leader, how did you change the title?

2 Likes

a regular can change titles of topics

4 Likes

Really? Huh, I guess I must’ve forgotten.

2 Likes