only tag pomtl, there is absolutely no need to tag both
Try it out and tell me what you think!
More options? Just let me know!
-Random space background
-A lot more options!
-Seasons! Currently have no effect. Season will have an effect in the next update!
Have suggestions? Let me know!
If that is happening that means that there is too much data inside the project for Hopscotch to handle. Any checks or collisions that you have add up quickly so try to minimize those. Also and Unicode will slow the game down. I did an experiment awhile ago. Roughly 30 pieces of Unicode will result in an 8-10 frame drop per minute
Literally all text is Unicode.
You’re reading Unicode.
You’re typing Unicode.
I know. Try to minimize…use Hopscotch characters and shapes
I love this game!
That happened to me in the latest version. I think my population was running short (76 people) after I pressed all of the disaster buttons, so then I pressed all of the upgrade buttons. When it was around 200 people it went blank.
Ha Nice game
Did anyone else get the pop-up “No one left…” ?
May a have a suggestion on your dodge game?
You can cheat by moving the car off the screen on an iPad. You might need to change that.
Here’s a suggestion:
For car 🚙 When car 🚙 is pressed Check once if Last Touch X > -10 and Last Touch X is < 385 //sets the boundaries of where the car can move (on screen only) Set position to x (Last Touch X) y (Last Touch Y) End Check once if End When car 🚙 is pressed
Thanks for the notice!
I have some suggestions for the World Simulator 1.0 release.
- Animations. It would be cool if there were small animations. My idea is for every 50 people, a small building pops up on the earth. This would result in 20 small building when there is overpopulation (1000). For it to spin around with the earth, you would need to use Sine and Cosine, but I think it would be a cool touch. When a new building is created (cloned), it could set size 0, set text to a building emoji, then repeat 10 “set size (self size) + 5”. If the population decreases, the buildings could fade away or shrink down to nothing. Or if there are wildfires, they could turn to the fire emoji then fade away. For space exploration you could maybe have little satellites orbiting the earth and coming back down.
- Age of the world. If there is a way to calculate it, you could show how many months or years old the world is. At the end of the game, after it says “No one left” or “World overpopulated” you could have that fade out and have words fade in and say “Your world lasted # months. Thank you for playing!”
- Storyline. I love it when projects have stories behind them, no matter how weird they are. But maybe at the beginning, where the cool play screen background is, you could have a set of text that fade in and out telling the story and how to play. There could be a skip button if a player wants to go straight to the game. But you can think about:
- Where did the world come from? (Is it just a simulator or is it a “real world”?)
- If it is a simulator, where did it come from and what purpose does it serve?
- If it is a “real world”, how did people show up there? Are they normal people?
- What are you trying to accomplish?
These questions could hopefully add some depth to your game. Story example: You are a scientist trying to figure out the best way to manage a future colony on a distant planet, so you are running a test with a simulator in the lab. The intro text explains the story and how you work the simulator.
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- Different worlds. I think it would be a cool thing if at the beginning you could try managing different worlds. The player could select a fantasy world, desert world, earth, the moon, or whatever you decide. Depending on what you want, I think this would be a cool addition to make each play a little different.
Anyway, these are my ideas. I hope they are useful and that some of them could be implemented into the next release. Your game is pretty awesome and I can’t wait to see the new projects you create!
Nice ideas. A storyline would be a little hard to make, but what would really be great is different worlds.
When you press start, a simple timer can count how many months your world lives.
Thanks for the great detail ideas! In fact, I’m working on small details right now and your suggestions are a great idea! One problem with builds spinning with the earth is that I am extremely new with sine and cosine.
This has 19 characters. How did this surpass the 20 characters rule?
It’s super easy. I once had nooo idea either, but when I played with it, it wasn’t so hard. I’m learning how to make ovals using sine and cosine now. :)
Maybe one of you guys could teach me?
Sure! I might need to test with a new project to get a refresher, but give me a moment to link some cool sine and cosine tutorials.
Maybe Jedi can teach you, I have to do this really important slideshow due Friday