World Simulator!

New game out now! I’ve been working on this game for quite awhile now and the alpha version is now available!

Hope some of you can give me feed ba.ck on what I should change, fix, or add! More coming in the future! Currently can’t do much, but more options will be added later on!
@pomtl

ᵞᴼᵁ ᴴᴬᵛᴱ ᴵᴹᴬᴳᴱˢ ᴺᴼᵂ! (ᵂᴱ ˢᴴᴼᵁᴸᴰ ᶜᴼᴸᴸᴬᴮᴼᴿᴬᵀᴱ ᴬᴳᴬᴵᴺ ᵁˢᴵᴺᴳ ᴵᴹᴬᴳᴱˢ)

Well, that is awesome! I like the images and the concept. Just add more options and this will be even better! :slight_smile:

We have to make an updated invasion with images!

I think this is really creative! As mentioned, the concept is really unique and I have never seen it before! I think maybe to update it you can add some more options like @William04GamerA, just to make it more interesting and for people to be able to play around with it a little more!

(I love the background in the beginning! Nice use of images!)

For those who have played the game, have you experienced an error that caused the game to crash and go blank into a white screen?
@pomtl
@omtl

No that has not happened to me.

This is good game! Add more thing and it would be better! Good job on the game!

only tag pomtl, there is absolutely no need to tag both

New update!
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/zgbklriij
Try it out and tell me what you think!
More options? Just let me know!
—————————————————————
Full changes:
-Random space background
-A lot more options!
-Seasons! Currently have no effect. Season will have an effect in the next update!
—————————————————————
Have suggestions? Let me know!
—————————————————————
@pomtl

If that is happening that means that there is too much data inside the project for Hopscotch to handle. Any checks or collisions that you have add up quickly so try to minimize those. Also and Unicode will slow the game down. I did an experiment awhile ago. Roughly 30 pieces of Unicode will result in an 8-10 frame drop per minute

Literally all text is Unicode.

You’re reading Unicode.

You’re typing Unicode.

I know. Try to minimize…use Hopscotch characters and shapes

Post this on the Game Testers topic! (Really cool game tho!)

I love this game!

That happened to me in the latest version. I think my population was running short (76 people) after I pressed all of the disaster buttons, so then I pressed all of the upgrade buttons. When it was around 200 people it went blank.

Ha Nice game
Did anyone else get the pop-up “No one left…” ?

May a have a suggestion on your dodge game?

You can cheat by moving the car off the screen on an iPad. You might need to change that.

Here’s a suggestion:

For car 🚙 
 When car 🚙 is pressed
  Check once if Last Touch X > -10 and Last Touch X is < 385 //sets the boundaries of where the car can move (on screen only)
   Set position to x (Last Touch X) y (Last Touch Y)

End Check once if
 End When car 🚙 is pressed

Thanks for the notice!

I have some suggestions for the World Simulator 1.0 release.

1. Animations. It would be cool if there were small animations. My idea is for every 50 people, a small building pops up on the earth. This would result in 20 small building when there is overpopulation (1000). For it to spin around with the earth, you would need to use Sine and Cosine, but I think it would be a cool touch. When a new building is created (cloned), it could set size 0, set text to a building emoji, then repeat 10 “set size (self size) + 5”. If the population decreases, the buildings could fade away or shrink down to nothing. Or if there are wildfires, they could turn to the fire emoji then fade away. For space exploration you could maybe have little satellites orbiting the earth and coming back down.
  2. Age of the world. If there is a way to calculate it, you could show how many months or years old the world is. At the end of the game, after it says “No one left” or “World overpopulated” you could have that fade out and have words fade in and say “Your world lasted # months. Thank you for playing!”
  3. Storyline. I love it when projects have stories behind them, no matter how weird they are. But maybe at the beginning, where the cool play screen background is, you could have a set of text that fade in and out telling the story and how to play. There could be a skip button if a player wants to go straight to the game. But you can think about:
    • Where did the world come from? (Is it just a simulator or is it a “real world”?)
    • If it is a simulator, where did it come from and what purpose does it serve?
    • If it is a “real world”, how did people show up there? Are they normal people?
    • What are you trying to accomplish?
      These questions could hopefully add some depth to your game. Story example: You are a scientist trying to figure out the best way to manage a future colony on a distant planet, so you are running a test with a simulator in the lab. The intro text explains the story and how you work the simulator.
  1. Different worlds. I think it would be a cool thing if at the beginning you could try managing different worlds. The player could select a fantasy world, desert world, earth, the moon, or whatever you decide. Depending on what you want, I think this would be a cool addition to make each play a little different.

Anyway, these are my ideas. I hope they are useful and that some of them could be implemented into the next release. Your game is pretty awesome and I can’t wait to see the new projects you create!

Nice ideas. A storyline would be a little hard to make, but what would really be great is different worlds.