Womp glitch when interacting with running project

When I was coding my project for Saint Patrick’s Day, it suddenly stopped working, and whenever I interacted with anything after I played the project, it “womped,” and the alert came up that something is wrong with this project. I’ve tried closing out of the project, closing out of Hopscotch, trying to update Hopscotch, and restarting my iPad.

23 Likes

this sounds like a strange big indeed - I’ll see if I can find some similiar topics - and possible fixes!
have you tried duplicating the draft?

4 Likes

BRO I WAS LOOKING AT YOUR PROJECTS THE OTHER DAY And welcome!

3 Likes

Duplicating the draft didn’t work

5 Likes

Is there a matches block in your project with a symbol in it?
The womp error occurs when there’s an error running your code, adding symbols to matches often gives an error since it isn’t a valid regex

2 Likes

There is a matches block for broadcasting messages, but it just has words like “start”

3 Likes

hmm yeah, very weird bug for sure

You could try sending THT an email at help@gethopscotch.com and they might be able to help if it’s something on their end.

Otherwise, maybe you can go to jsoneditoronline.org, upload the project files, copy it over, and grab the UUID

after you do that, I can take a look at the project and see if there’s a code issue that could be overloading it

5 Likes

I sent an email to THT already, so I’ll do the second option.

3 Likes

well both ways means double the chances of success - best of luck with finding a solution!

2 Likes

Awesome. I’ll do my best to help then

Welcome to the forum btw. really nice to have you here. I’m Fearless, it’s great to meet you

3 Likes

Also I do Hopscotch on an iPad, so how do I upload the project files and do the rest of it?

2 Likes

If you go to the website and click on the button I highlighted in purple, you can upload a file from your files

Then you click Browse and it’ll take you to your files. Go to “On my IPad”, then “Hopscotch” then “JSON Projects”
Sort by date and it should be the project at the top (most recent). If you click on that and then let it upload, it’ll upload the raw info for the project. Then click the button to copy over, it’ll copy over in a nicer format on the right side

Skim through that and you’ll see “UUID” and then some letters/numbers after it. It’ll prob start with 11. Copy and paste that here

3 Likes

hmmm interesting. Mine usually fixes after exiting project.

3 Likes

Hi!
I am CB Studios on the app!
I am 12 years old with 9 curated projects and a 2021 seed developer. You can call me CB for short.

Tag me for anything!

And also weird bug you have there.

2 Likes

Are you using clones or scenes? They are both pretty glitchy. :))

1 Like

I am using clones

3 Likes

How many clones? And sorry, I ask way too many questions.

2 Likes

Did you use lots of clones?
If you want you can link the project here and we can help you.
Publish the project, copy link then unpublish.

1 Like

Your clone method might have something to do with it

I’ll take a look after you’ve given me the uuid :))

2 Likes

They can’t publish if it womps. Which is why I’m tryna get the uuid cuz then I can just link it for them.

3 Likes