Why is Hopscotch called Hopscotch?

hopscotch

Who came up with the name Hopscotch, and what made them think that? I love the name and Hopscotch itself, but what made @staff come up with the name Hopscotch?

It's named Hopscotch because like the sidewalk game, you make it before you can play it.

"Hopscotch is called Hopscotch because, like the street game, you have to make it before you can play it."
- Loading screen from Hopscotch

It still doesn't make since to me. (Edit: never mind, maybe I should change the name and topic to a new thing)

Have you heard of the game Hopscotch?

When playing the game of Hopscotch, (the street game), you have to draw the squares, essentially "making it" before you play it. In Hopscotch, it's the same way. You have to code your games before you can play them.

its named hopscotch bc like the street ganme you make the game before you play it! hopscotch loading screen

@staff, please close this because I know why now.

They don't need to close, because some one might have a similar question. That way, instead of creating a new topic and spamming the forum, the can post it here! :wink:

There is no need to close topics! Others may have the same question!

@Kiwicute2016 or @PopTart0219 close this plz! @Fun_in_the_Sun know why hopscotch is called hopscotch!

Like others have said, I think this is a very helpful topic to keep alive. Maybe someone has a topic similar to this!

Ok, BTW, I'm the first topic of this (wow)